SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Fishing sand grass

10/6/17 @ 8:20 AM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

Anyone have suggestions on fishing sand grass, I vertical jig but when I drop down I get sand grass on my jig. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
10/14/17 @ 6:27 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I fished a lot of green weeds late in the fall, and what we did was put a slip bobber knot on our lines, and set it once we located deep green weeds, now we had a pretty good idea of how to keep our lures in the zone without dragging up too many weeds

10/9/17 @ 9:28 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

It drives me nuts too. I switched to a dropshot rig also. Bell sinkers get gobs of stuff  so I use slinky sinkers or a chain of small split shot for weight. Nothing worse than getting fouled with weeds every time you touch some sandgrass.

10/8/17 @ 8:20 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I use a slip bobber to keep my jig just above the weeds

10/8/17 @ 9:10 AM
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

Thanks ice belt

I am using a 1/16 oz jig, I don't think I can go lighter in the boat with the wind .

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE