Disabled Veterans Fishing

3/27/15 @ 6:19 AM
ORIGINAL POST
tigerbass
tigerbass
USER since 7/1/13
Hello all, I am a disabled vet and just have a few general questions. After reading the guidelines, I came to the assumption that there are a few perks I can use to my benefit. However I just wanted to see if any other disabled vets take advantage of the extended season. My fishing license has all the necessary stamps along with the vet status on the license itself. My main question is, where can I fish specifically. Is it any open body of water 25 acres or less or can I only fish the urban waters that are listed on the DNR site. Thanks in advance for any help. Ive been out for 10 years and never knew about this!!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
4/14/15 @ 6:50 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Tigerbass, check your PM

Post Your Comment
3/29/15 @ 5:47 AM
tigerbass
tigerbass
USER since 7/1/13
Appreciate the help Igor. I will call your guy Mon morning and drop the "greatest trapshooters" name! In the regs the urban waters are listed so there's a few around where I live. Looking to get out next week. Best wished for your situation as well Igor. I'll shoot you a msg w some specifics.

Post Your Comment
3/28/15 @ 7:59 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Call the WPVA office 414 328-8910 and ask for Paul. He can point you in the right direction and can get you in touch with some others that may be able to help. Tell Paul the world's greatest trapshooter sent you. He'll know who it is!!!!

My wife & I have been volunteering with the Chapter for 16 years now and wouldn't trade a minute of the time we have put in. Don't let the Paralyzed name turn you away. There are guys in the Chapter that can help and will get you out there. I live in Pewaukee too but right now due to a family member terminal with cancer I can't help much.

PM me with some particulars as far as disability etc. and I'll see what I can do too.

Post Your Comment
3/28/15 @ 6:48 AM
fisheswithU2
fisheswithU2
USER since 4/29/14
Only the urban waters. They're listed on the DNRs website. Some actually hold some nice fish!

Post Your Comment