MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Crappie Discussion

5/14/18 @ 9:48 PM
INITIAL POST
Lukek33
User since 1/13/12

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if I could get some help from some people as to which lakes near Green Bay, WI or maybe hour away would be plentiful with crappie. My moms boyfriend just got into fishing and bought a boat and the whole nine yards. And he loves crappie. I would like to put him on but I haven’t had a chance to get out on the water much this year due to illnesses in my household. Any help would be appreciated. I know this time of the year in Wisconsin they should be into spawn or close.

thank you,

Edit: I have opened my range we are willing to travel a few hours.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
5/26/18 @ 11:10 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Luke I sent ya a PM. Good luck!

5/22/18 @ 7:55 PM
Lukek33
User since 1/13/12

Bump

5/15/18 @ 1:34 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Agree.  The greater Green Bay area isn't known for it's crappie fishing.  I know that they do stack up in the small harbors on Lake Winnebago on the east side when the water gets to spawning temp.  Stockbridge is one harbor.  I know some guys that fish for them in White Potato and the Machickenee Flowage but numbers and size are nothing to write home about compared to up north standards.  

If you really want to get into numbers and size, you're probably going to have to go more than an hour from GB.  Oneida County would be a good place to start.  But that's 2-2.5 hours away.

Edit: as I hit the post button, Steven Point Flowage came to mind.  I never fished it by boat but we did really well ice fishing the upper stretches and sloughs for a mixed bag of crappies, walleyes and pike.  Still not within an hour but shorter than Oneida County.

5/15/18 @ 12:46 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Not much for a crappie bite out that way. Your best bet would probably be Shawano Lake. There are some other lakes in that area that 'probably' hold crappies too but I've never fished them. White potato lake and lake noquebay are options though I'm not sure how good either of them are, its been a long time since I've been on either and crappies usually weren't the focus. I'd imagine some of the small, deep spring fed lakes up that way have some nice crappie populations. Menominee River is fun for a variety of species.

5/15/18 @ 12:34 PM
Lukek33
User since 1/13/12

Thank you Snake appreciate it 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE