SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

2018 WI winter kill/fish kill ... Survey

4/25/18 @ 11:40 AM
INITIAL POST
Batman1
User since 1/23/09

With the long winter and record ice cover, I thought it might be good to post lakes that you have found dead fish on after the  spring thaw. Details of your report are important and useful information that can help others in their fishing activity. In your post, mention lake name, county of location, approximate acreage and your findings.

***Also...post any lakes that you found zero kill...

Thanks in advance!

EXAMPLE:  Info..Mystery lake, Black county, 300+ acres report...while fishing the North shore today we noticed a number of dead panfish(200+) and some bass in the shallows...

PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
6/3/18 @ 8:29 AM
Batman1
User since 1/23/09

Got a call about dead fish at the Pickerel lake spillway/dam on hwy. J....It checked out as accurate with dead smallies and bluegills visible.

5/21/18 @ 3:24 PM
Batman1
User since 1/23/09

Late reports this week and last from land owners on Irving, Fawn, Hungry and Malby of some dead fish found on the shores. No details on the quantity or species.

5/10/18 @ 11:26 AM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Put the dock in last week in Forest county. Lake depth very shallow . I guess ice was out a week ago. Saw 2 dead bullhead. Nothing major to alarm me. I think being spring fed prevents major fishkill in spite of being so shallow.

5/3/18 @ 6:53 PM
Batman1
User since 1/23/09

We started our shoreline survey this afternoon to survey and report Vilas and Oneida counties fish kill.

*Arrowhead lake 20% open at boat landing with no visible die off. (99 ac.)

*Hiawatha mobile home pond (13 ac.) Hundreds of dead crappies 5-6" and a few bluegills. 

*Swamp creek (tubes) few dead panfish along east shore...one fisherman at the culvert said a dead bluegill floated thru every 20 min. He counted 3...

*Rainbow Flowage above the dam....1/2 mile east and west....no dead fish found.

*Dorothy lake..some dead bluegill and a  small bass. 

****Please request a lake that you would like us to look at....thru my messenger....

4/30/18 @ 11:08 AM
mapper
User since 1/4/02

n.pike,

I was afraid of that on Little St. I was up a week ago for my grand daughters baptism and heard that the pumps on both aerators went out during the winter. I guess they got fixed, but no one was sure of the damage to fish. I guess they know some of the affect now. Hopefully the gamefish made it through, but I would expect some losses there too.

4/28/18 @ 10:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Got a report from a friend of hundreds of dead fish on Little Saint Germain lake along his shoreline access point. Mostly bluegills, but some bass and other fish in there too. No pike. 

4/27/18 @ 9:04 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

same here, have to wait til the icemelts

4/27/18 @ 6:24 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Only a few sheephead on lake Wisconsin that I've seen....
4/27/18 @ 5:03 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Hard to tell at this point.  I'll let ya know as soon as the 2+ feet of ice melts.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE