Which Waterfowl Load

12/30/15 @ 4:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Blue Line
Blue Line
USER since 12/10/09
I'm purchasing a case of Waterfowl Loads. I have it narrowed down to three types: Federal Premium Black Cloud, Federal Premium Ultra-Shok, or Winchester Blind Side I've had good experience with the Ultra-Shok in the past and wouldn't hesitate going with that again, but I'm always open to trying new things. I've also used Black Cloud in the past. I have liked the downrange performance of Black Cloud, but found that it is very dirty(leaves a lot of residue in my shotgun). I have no experience with Blind Side. Any input is appreciated. What have your experiences been with each?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/30/15 @ 6:53 PM
diver hunter 1987
diver hunter 1987
USER since 9/29/09
Buy a box of each and pattern them first like was posted below. For ducks my m2 with carsons mid range choke likes kents 3in 3's in 1 1/4oz. Same load in 1 1/8oz it doesn't pattern well at all. Geese it's long range patternmaster with 1 1/4oz number 1's I'd go with ultra shock personally. I don't like what I saw from blind side (out of my gun). Black cloud is ok just a bit pricey for me and can't use with a regular patternmaster.

Post Your Comment
12/30/15 @ 4:55 PM
boattech
boattech
MEMBER since 12/22/04
Before buying a case. I would purchase a box of each and then pattern your gun. Every gun and choke combo is different. That said my Benelli SBE2 likes the Blindside 3" #3 shot out of a Pattern Master Blindside mid range choke or improved cylinder. Tighter pattern with the aftermarket tube. My father in law can't pattern well with the Blindside with his SBE2 but does good with the black cloud and black cloud mid range choke.

This is what happens when you let it get a little close. Shot at 15 yards with the Blindside.

Post Your Comment