What did you get mounted this year?

12/11/07 @ 3:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Scott2
Scott2
USER since 7/7/01
Personally I currently have a nice mature drake bufflehead, and a nice drake widgeon at the taxi as we speak, just curious as to what others have at the taxidermist from the 07' season.

Scott

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 600 Posts
5/6/17 @ 1:54 PM
boattech
boattech
MEMBER since 12/22/04

Picked up mine and my buddies mounts from Tietz Taxidermy and Wildlife Art in Lebanon. I have the Gaddy and he has the other 2.

Edited on 5/6/17 2:15 PM
Post Your Comment
5/3/17 @ 6:47 AM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06

A California cinnamon teal I mounted on Monday. I didn't have a standing cinnamon in my collection. 

Post Your Comment
3/13/17 @ 5:41 AM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06

My first standing hooded merganser. Tricky birds. A lot of damage. 

Post Your Comment
3/5/17 @ 7:39 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06

My best Woodie in a long time.   And it came from the most uncommon location, the pothole prairies of North Dakota!  I'll post pictures soon..... 

Post Your Comment
3/5/17 @ 3:55 PM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06
Ringer with an itch. Another bird I added to my collection.

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 4:05 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

That's what I assumed. A duck "cupped up, committed, Landing"? The term "flying in"? The taxidermist showed my son a couple examples? Son said it was neat and he liked it. Guess what I'm envisioning is; that duck that looks like he's committing suicide, coming in head first, going to crash right in. Then bout takes your hat off and lands in the pot hole behind you. Lol. My fault for saying it's your bird son, go ahead and do what you like, surprise me. We'll fit him in somewhere?. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 2:14 PM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06
"A bit" would depend on the pose, if the back is flat against the wall in parallel, it could be a 2 inch wire into a piece of wood. The support wire can come out the tail, shoulders or back depending on the pose. If the wings are set back, then they determine the length of wire and how far from the wall it will be.

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 2:11 PM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06

I believe flying in, would be a landing pose, where wings are set back, landing gear down, and he's back peddaling a bit. I refer to it as a decoying bird, or a landing bird.

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 12:54 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

I guess it comes off the wall a bit and almost straight at you. Bout how far is a "bit"?

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 12:48 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

My son and I dropped off his gadwall last night. He can't wait to get it back. He picked a "flying down/ in" mount. I thought a sitting look would have been better? A gaddy dont have much color to show off. But.. his bird. 

So he wouldn't let me see. Petepec, if you wouldn't mind?What is a "flying in" (on the wall) mount look like.? 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 600 Posts