Mud Motors

6/18/14 @ 9:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
grave yard
grave yard
USER since 12/8/09
What are your guy's thoughts of mud motors? Good or Bad or jealous because u don't have one!! Tounge Out
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
6/23/14 @ 9:04 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Hate 'em... Nothing worse than trying to enjoy some pre-dawn peace and quiet when those things start growling their way across the marshes. They do wonders to start a mass duck exodus out of the marsh well before shooting time. Time brings changes, but that doesn't mean I need to like it!

Post Your Comment
6/21/14 @ 12:47 PM
870man
870man
USER since 2/13/02
I've got a 9 horse Go-Devil...Sat idiol in the 2012 season cause of low water issues and used a duck skiff....Last year, took it out 3 times....Something about a duck skiff in the morning, calm water, zig zagging among the cattails and getting to places where your not bothered by a mud motor...you don't have to worry about firing it up to get a downed bird, taking the blind down on it, won't start issues, etc...I can see guys on the Mississippi or any river system that would use them for far travels..Give me a skiff anyday...... Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
6/19/14 @ 8:36 AM
Thiel66
Thiel66
USER since 1/9/14
My dad built his own mud motor about 5 years ago. Works very well and goes through some thick stuff. Sounds like a lawn mower coming at you(not the best muffler), but the DNR guy was impressed by it.

Post Your Comment
6/19/14 @ 6:54 AM
Goosecaller
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01
I run a Prodrive 36 on a 1760 mud hull and love it. It is no speed demon (about 24 with a huting load), but it runs well and gets me to places I could not go before.

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 10:54 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10
I'm on my third mud motor, even looking into buying a frame and building #4 for the skiff. It's a great tool to have in the arsenal. Again, when used properly tho. Some people do give them a bad rap. Its Just like how SOME people feel about guns, because of how SOME have used them. Same goes for mud motors... I don't think I would hunt half the places I do, if I didn't have one? And it's not all about getting to a better spot to hunt, that a outboard cant. A lot of times, It's just nice to be able to get away from the crowded areas.

Post Your Comment