Waterfowl Hunting

2/14/17 @ 7:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
jimmymuller
jimmymuller
USER since 6/20/16
Waterfowl hunting is the practice of hunting geese, ducks and other waterfowl for food and sport. In many countries, commercial waterfowl hunting is prohibited. Anyone here want to share more reviews?                                                                                                     
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/21/18 @ 1:58 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I've only seen one canvasback while hunting. It landed in the decoys and I told my buddy that he got the first shot but he better not miss cause he wasn't getting another. He stoned it with his shot, I could not believe it. 

Post Your Comment
6/21/18 @ 12:41 PM
wootnshoo2
wootnshoo2
USER since 7/17/10

The name "canvasback" is derived from the dusty white feathers on its back and sides. English settlers along the Atlantic coast thought these feathers looked like white canvas fabric.                         Though fewer people hunt "King Can" than once did, everyone should witness once in their lifetime the thrill of a flock of cans ripping over decoys on a crossing wind.                                                          http://www.ducks.org/Conservation/Waterfowl-Research-Science/Photo-Essay-Canvasbacks

Edited on 6/21/18 12:42 PM
Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 12:29 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Far as sharing another review. 

Think our season dates need to be reviewed. IMO, our season opener, split and close date sucks.

Edited on 2/15/17 12:31 PM
Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 12:25 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Some reason this does spark a memory, a story I once heard. Now I think I may need to Google it myself. So, I was told back in the day market hunters would pack canvas bags full of ducks. By train, transporting the ducks to the city. On the bags filled with ducks they would write "canvasback". Meaning please send the bags back. So they could fill them with more ducks. And the ducks they targeted and sold was, now what we know as the Canvasback. And that's how they got the name.? 

Post Your Comment