trolling crankbaits with 1oz inlines

8/23/15 @ 2:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
kole89
kole89
USER since 12/3/14
I've never hunted for waterfowl in Iowa, Have no idea where to go, looking for some good public land with easy access with either waders or a boat. Some place to go when I have some free time during the season, If any of you want to take me with you sometime that'd be great. Hunting by yourself is typically boring, so I don't tend to do it. I'm excellent at calling and my shooting is probably the best you've seen. Typically I hunt Wisconsin with my brother and or father. Looking for new areas to try that doesn't involve too much travel.
Edited on 8/23/15 2:41 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 22 Posts
8/26/15 @ 8:01 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02
http://www.lake-link.com/forums/Iowa-Hunting-Reports-Discussion/

Post Your Comment
8/25/15 @ 1:07 PM
kole89
kole89
USER since 12/3/14
That's pretty funny Pete, I agree with you there, not enough room in the blind for me. I usually hunt over open water where there is no emergent vegetation so hunting in a blind for me would be illegal.

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 3:27 PM
Rempump
Rempump
USER since 5/8/03
I went to school in CF and found a lot of good opportunities on the cedar river and other public land areas. Look up the Iowa DNR website and look at the public land maps. A little ground work will get you some birds.

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 2:17 PM
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09
Hunt with his Brother or Father.... Seems he's asking for places to hunt around Waterloo Iowa probably because that's where he's living. His Brother and Father are in Wisonsin... Did I miss something here? Maybe someone could give him a few pointers that's from the Waterloo area or at least familiar with it. Besides, who cares if he can call or shoot, heck my calling sucks and I shoot to the right! I still get birds! Wink

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 1:35 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Great post Pete! Funny and to the point!

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 9:17 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02
why cant you go with your brother or father then??

Post Your Comment
8/24/15 @ 7:11 AM
Pete-pec
Pete-pec
USER since 4/2/06
Not sure there's enough "head" room for you in the blind? The only way your shooting will be the "best we've seen", is if someone hunts with you to see it? That may not happen simply judging you by your post lol. Now if this was pure sarcasm versus narcissism, you might just "fit" fine.

Post Your Comment