Spring Birds Central WI

4/8/15 @ 8:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Since our ice out on our marsh, I have noticed a variety of birds that I have not seen before. This spring our new visitors have been Goldeneye, Merganser, Buffle and Red Heads. Along with this we have the normal Woods, Mallard and Teal with the Geese. Just wondering if anyone else has seen different birds this spring?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
4/12/15 @ 10:13 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Lots of woodies and geese using the pond at work. Have been seeing the usual mix...woodies, mallards, assorted divers. Did see my first blue wings yesterday though.

Post Your Comment
4/12/15 @ 7:56 PM
870man
870man
USER since 2/13/02
Big Green lake had good rafts of bills and redheads, common mergansers. We needed the rain bad to get those fields flooded and local marshes. Thank god for the weeks rain!! Seeing some mallards and woodducks using these. Noticed one hen woody using a box already...??

Post Your Comment
4/10/15 @ 5:48 AM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
That's clearly a common merganser... jeez, some people really need to learn to ID ducks before hunting. See, this is why we shouldn't have a teal season!!! Wink Big Smile

I have been seeing a lot of goldeneye on the river near Appleton, and a lot of pairs of mallards out in the flooded farm fields. This latest ran brought the puddlers some much-needed water.

Edited on 4/10/15 5:49 AM
Post Your Comment
4/9/15 @ 2:33 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
Here's one of them. He looked mad.

Post Your Comment
4/9/15 @ 2:30 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
I saw a pair of pterodactyl's readying their nest in Waukesha co last week. First time I've ever seen one.

Post Your Comment