River

9/15/15 @ 1:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
Who is excited to hits pools 7-9 this fall? With a two can limit things should really be rocking and lots of ducks falling down. Pool 9 should be smoking hot for cans!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
9/18/15 @ 5:48 PM
PIKE-FAN
PIKE-FAN
USER since 8/4/09
I used to see guys layout hunt pool 11. I cannot comment as to there success but I would assume if there are people doing it they must kill some birds. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Post Your Comment
9/17/15 @ 9:26 PM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
USER since 5/10/10
Thanks for the feedback about the layout. I would have expected the MLB to be successful. Looks like we'll have our layouts and grass to hide them if necessary. We've learned to be flexible and completely change things up mid hunt; sounds like this might be one of those situations. If anyone else wants to chime in about using layout boats on pools 8,9,10 I appreciate the feedback. Need help around Lake Michigan - Milwaukee? I have you covered.

Post Your Comment
9/17/15 @ 5:34 PM
Lufus
Lufus
USER since 9/26/09
Anytime! If you end up going out, let us know how you do!!

Post Your Comment
9/17/15 @ 8:58 AM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
I forgot about the guide on pool 8. That might be the way to go as there may be less pressure and he is the only guide I believe.

Post Your Comment
9/17/15 @ 8:14 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02
thanks lufus!

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 9:00 PM
Lufus
Lufus
USER since 9/26/09
@Jzzzz I had gone out a few times with Matt from Dabblers and Divers up on pool 8 previously. It's been a few years since I've gone out with him, but he was a standup guy and worked pretty hard for us. I would recommend him. It's not the "famed pool 9," but we had quite a bit of success. If you want any more details let me know, or feel free to PM me too, more than happy to share what I know and the experiences I had!

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 1:06 PM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
I should add it really would not matter if posted on Pool 9 or not anyway. Pretty much every DU, Delta Waterfowl and every other magazine has an article on it at least several times a year. The latest Delta one has an article on mallards on pool 9.

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 1:04 PM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
I would hardly call it stirring up the pot. You have 400000 cans and a two bird limit. I do not know how the hunting could not be very good this year epecially on windy days.

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 12:11 PM
ripper
ripper
USER since 6/15/01
I wouldn't waste any time with layout boats. I know you want to try the big lake stuff here but it doesn't seem to work well. I tried it once from an MLB I had. I think you're going to find that, especially this year, these birds are going to be so beat up and skybusted that the extra 100' you can legally use one won't buy you much extra gunning. They will see and avoid the layout boat out here, even though on the big lake they don't care. There is a heavy growth of celery and other weeds on the pool this year also, they will find plenty to eat out in the middle. Pool 9 is gonna suck with crowds this year big time, worse than ever, so I would skip the layouts and stay mobile.

But hey, I am wrong all the time and maybe you can work it out way better than I could!!

That's about all I'm gonna comment on this pool, it's crowded enough. Thanks to recker for stirring the pot! He quit hunting this place and loves to stir up the crowds for the rest of us I think!

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 10:21 AM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
USER since 5/10/10
If anyone is interested in trading scouting reports for Pool 9, we'll be doing our HW too and would love to make some friends.

Also anyone taken the approach of using real layout boats? Not 18' boat blinds in open water. We have two layouts we'll be bringing.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts