SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

New decoys

4/28/18 @ 10:13 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

My old decoys are extremely sad looking and I need to replace them. I found a good deal on Avian X top flight mallards. Anyone have any experience with these? They look like they might take off when you walk up to them.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
5/24/18 @ 6:57 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

First and fore-most, you need to be where the ducks want to be. Second, good calling makes a big difference. Having "good looking decoys" is like buying Plain Pocket jeans over Levi's. Color is important but they don't have to be perfect. If they are that close to see imperfections on the paint, you better be shooting!

A test was done using plain blocks right from the factory versus all painted up. The plain blocks did just as well as the painted up ones. Why? see the first sentence that I wrote. That test was actually done about 15 years ago. So, good looking decoys are just that. Color is important but doesn't have to be perfect! Good Luck, shoot straight!

5/22/18 @ 11:36 AM
Mr.Seaguar

My buddies were making fun of them. We shot a bunch of ducks over them, so they were still working. You have to draw the line somewhere. 

5/18/18 @ 10:24 AM
Mr.Seaguar

I ended up ordering 18 Avian X Fusion mallards from Reeds. Gonna miss seeing the old Flambeau decoys from 2001 floating out there. The ducks probably wont.

5/1/18 @ 2:25 AM
Mr.Seaguar

Jet. Dot com. The price drops the more you buy if you aren't familiar with them.

4/30/18 @ 10:16 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

Will you share where you got a good deal?

4/28/18 @ 8:35 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
I have mallards from both Avian X and GHG.  They are both good.  My latest purchases have been Avian X.  You will like them.
4/28/18 @ 7:23 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08

I've been working on getting new decoys as my budget allows. Been painting the old ratty ones black and white 

4/28/18 @ 6:52 PM
Mr.Seaguar

When my wife's cousin and his buddy and my buddy were making fun of my old ones, I realized that I might need new ones.

4/28/18 @ 3:41 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08
I have some Avian X decoys. I like them alot. They are realistic and after hunting with them for 2 seasons, they are holding up quite well. 
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE