NEED HELP!!!

10/12/14 @ 3:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jpaceminton
jpaceminton
USER since 9/17/14
Haven't had any luck this season. Gone to hooker lake, silver lake and eagle lake. What am I doing wrong? I'm a newbie to this sport. I hunt with my girlfriend and a co worker, and its all our first season. Just some general tips would be nice. Or even a tag along trip for us. we have a boat and at least 40 decoys. Anything would help Cool Cool Crying Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
10/24/14 @ 7:31 AM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
Nobody has a thing locked up unless its a private pond with no access. If there are guys everywhere find the birds, scout the area...and be the first there. One suggestion on these places that are locked up. Go out some morning or afternoon and see/listen to where people are getting into them. Go to the area the next day. Im not suggesting sitting in their blind to piss them off. I am suggesting that as long as it is public you are good to hunt it. Get there early.

Post Your Comment
10/23/14 @ 10:57 PM
bass_master95
bass_master95
USER since 3/10/09
Anybody hunting calumet county or around there? new duck hunter just trying to find a spot to hunt or see some birds. Everybody has everything locked up and cant find anywhere to hunt..

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 8:55 AM
pop67
pop67
USER since 9/15/14
Your talking about Southern part of state.Hunt those spots later in season.There a lot of new Waterfowl areas around Elkhorn.Public ggrounds.Get a map of Public hunting grounds.TRY LAKE DELEVAN..FOLLOW RIVER UNDER BRIDGE IN TOWN//// PRINCE POINT IN JEFFERSON COUNTY.GOOD LUCK

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 8:04 AM
Westland8582
Westland8582
USER since 12/9/08
I hunt silver quite a bit. Not the best spot but you can get some birds. Geese are tough considering a ton of them roost on the lake and its hard to compete with 100+ real birds calling at them. Ducks fly around there quite a bit. Im not the greatest with a duck call but me and a friend have had luck there. Biggest problem out there is all the fisherman too. Quite a few encounters with guys who dont respect waterfowlers.

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 4:53 AM
IceRat
IceRat
USER since 12/1/02
Keep scouting

Post Your Comment
10/13/14 @ 5:57 AM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
USER since 2/25/12
Jpminton pm me i am hunting that county some times

Post Your Comment
10/12/14 @ 5:14 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
first you need to find the birds. then figure out how to hunt them. then kill them! easy! Wink

Post Your Comment
10/12/14 @ 5:05 PM
jpaceminton
jpaceminton
USER since 9/17/14
We did. Spent the whole day yesterday. Lake shangerla, camp, voltz. Nothing. Should I head north?

Post Your Comment
10/12/14 @ 4:09 PM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
you need to scout first and see what areas are holding ducks.

Post Your Comment