Mississippi advice

9/30/15 @ 7:45 AM
ORIGINAL POST
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
I will be hunting pool 9 this coming weekend. First time hunting here and was seeing if anyone has some pointers on navigation how many ducks are around just looking for some advice etc. The help would be much appreciated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
10/8/15 @ 9:31 AM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
I am not saying wardens to not issue tickets for it but early and late shooting I suppose is really hard to enforce with so few wardens. Plus i dont think the fines are really stiff enough derail people from doing it again. As far as I am concerned those people are not hunters but simply game hogs.

Post Your Comment
10/8/15 @ 7:51 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
We talked to the warden and first thing he asked us is "did you hear anyone shot at around 6:05 am?" We hadn't, he said that he had reports of that early of shooting. After a convo he just said if a guy sets up close shooting early sky busting etc don't be afraid to call the hot line.

Post Your Comment
10/7/15 @ 3:46 PM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
You ever notice how nobody ever gets busted for early or late shooting? No wonder they continue to do it year after year after year.

Post Your Comment
10/6/15 @ 7:45 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
We always joke about how they like to start early and end late on the mead in central WI but boy did they take it to a new level on the sip.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 3:19 PM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
Yep it is pretty amazing how late after shooting time people will still be shooting. I have found anywhere were you have alot of hunters this tends to happen. Especially where you have a refuage and ducks start to come out after legal shooting time. I wish the wardens would just sit at the launch and tag these clowns as they came in. The fines also need to be alot higher to ever get these slob hunters to quite the practice of shooting early or late. Unless you make it very painful on them they will never learn their lesson and remain slobs.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 7:50 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
Three guns day one and two, day one, 7 bwt 9 woodies. Day 2 (only an evening hunt, we slept in.) 5 woodies 3 bwt 9 coot. A few things i noticed there is 10x the amount of birds here compared to central wi. Another thing which isn't a very good thing, hunters here really like to start early and end late. Day one they started 12 min before legal shooting and ended 17 min after legal shooting. Only ran into one guy setting up close, he was about 70 yards from us and 30 yards from our boat. But it is what it is and it was a fun experience that you don't get all around the state. I'll be back in a few weeks

Post Your Comment
10/4/15 @ 9:33 AM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
So how was it? Did you bang them?

Post Your Comment
10/2/15 @ 6:26 AM
Tsquare86
Tsquare86
USER since 5/10/10
LOL I doubt it will be that bad. With the MISS zone opening the same day as the southern I'm willing to hedge a pack of milwaukees best light that finding a spot will not be a challenge. Keep in mind the past few years the openers were set up differently and the MISS zone was flooded with southern zone hunters too.

Post Your Comment
10/2/15 @ 5:30 AM
scrub
scrub
USER since 8/15/06
The other guy meant u should've went out there yesterday to get a spot for Saturday Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 9:46 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
Based on everything Ive ever read (never hunted here)....Pool 9 is very popular...My suggestion, assuming your diehard, get there Friday night. Take a sleeping bags and some food and camp in your boat. You can go in during light and get a feel. Chances are youre there before most..No sense in dicking around and trying to find a place in the dark. Guessing a lot of guys who have hunted this for year know exactly where to go...then I again, the marsh I hunt clears out around 11. Not the big flights you see at first light but you can only shoot a limit. I never have issues getting there when guys are done for the day.

T

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts