Horicon marsh

9/5/12 @ 11:31 AM
ORIGINAL POST
crappie magic
crappie magic
USER since 4/7/07
Does anybody Hunt horicon marsh early goose hunting.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 95 Posts
11/23/13 @ 3:49 PM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
USER since 5/22/12
Plenty of water all over, you're gonna be busting ice though. We were out this morning, not a whole lot of birds out there but the ones we saw sucked right in, 3 mallards for us today.

Post Your Comment
11/23/13 @ 12:50 PM
nubbz07
nubbz07
USER since 12/31/09
anyone know how much water is in the ditch right now? thanks

Post Your Comment
10/15/13 @ 4:02 PM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09
I was out this morning saw 1 mallard and 1 small flock of teal. Hardly any Geese,only 3 trailers in parking lot at Burnett. I made it up the ditch Ok but any back water was push pole only!!!I have not hunted Horicon for 10 years,because the shooting was so terrible,looks like nothing has changed!!!!I live in SE wis. and as far as Duck Hunting goes IT SUCKS!I have 3 Grandsons and NONE of them have any desire to get Mobbed on opening Day and then not see any birds for the rest of the season.I guess I cannot blame them for no intrest in something I have done for 50 years,and have seen It over regulated and decimated in recient years!

Post Your Comment
10/14/13 @ 10:31 PM
charlieboy
charlieboy
USER since 1/23/08
The simple answer is that it is easy. Easier anyway then scouting other spots, and easier than busting your ass to get to more difficult to reach spots. it is not the only place I hunt ddbut when I just want to get in the boat, and take the chance I might get lucky, it the go to spot.

you've got to go with the right attitude, though. you've got to expect yahoos. like Saturday. had some yahoos come out just after open. set up too close. talk loudly. sky bust. and shoot at cormorants. I still had great time with my brother. saw plenty of birds (though none I could shoot at).

all it took to have great time was gratitude at having the opportunity at being in the marsh.

so the Saturday report - plenty of birds, plenty of shootin. nothing in my bagg

Post Your Comment
10/7/13 @ 6:48 PM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09
Why do so many hunt Horicon for ducks? It sounds like a crazy zoo and not much action. Is it the history of the marsh? Just curious.

Post Your Comment
10/5/13 @ 10:21 PM
charlieboy
charlieboy
USER since 1/23/08
Parking lots full this a.m. Trip out to the blind reminded me of a Hollywood Premier. Search light beaming everywhere. Not much flying where I was. On shot and one bird - drake woodie. Not a lot of shooting that I heard

Post Your Comment
10/5/13 @ 10:16 PM
TeamSkoal
TeamSkoal
USER since 8/21/05
Can you get in? Last time I checked, the state controls the area of the horicon marsh that is open to hunting boss, so YEA you can hunt. The gov shut down has no effect on our ability to hunt horicon.

Post Your Comment
10/5/13 @ 8:44 PM
Neo1335
Neo1335
USER since 12/27/09
Can you get into the marsh right now with the government shutdown

Post Your Comment
10/5/13 @ 9:29 AM
emergency fishing hotline
emergency fishing hotline
USER since 1/18/03
the burnett ditch also has submerged branches and tree limbs. I saw a guy hit one so hard that his dog went in. Wink

Post Your Comment
10/3/13 @ 10:26 PM
bnkrnr
bnkrnr
USER since 1/25/11
burnetts ditch has about 3-8 inches of water all down the straigt-away from the launch. if you even make it to miescke with an outboard i'd be surprised.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 95 Posts