Grand RIver Marsh

9/23/05 @ 8:23 PM
ORIGINAL POST
skybuster1969
skybuster1969
MEMBER since 10/22/03
Has any one been down the canal off of county B and out in the marsh yet . If so could you please let me know how much work it will be this year . Your responses will be extremely appreciated . Thanks Again Dave

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 98 Posts
9/28/09 @ 6:09 PM
Draketaker
Draketaker
USER since 9/27/09
I wouldnt improvise too much or get too creative, wardens and local law enforcement are well aware people will be stretching the rules to gain access. I know a couple locals that have already spoke to the local police about trespassing and parking where they shouldnt. Wardens will be at both landings again for duck checks too.

Post Your Comment
9/28/09 @ 3:55 PM
All Quacked Up
All Quacked Up
USER since 9/27/04
Thanks for taking the wind outta my sails, Drake!! I hunt the opener here every year and stay for a few days; I was and still am pumped about this weekend. Guess we're gonna hafta improvise... Evil Grin

-Quacked

Post Your Comment
9/27/09 @ 11:33 AM
Draketaker
Draketaker
USER since 9/27/09
Was there yesterday. North channel has water in for the first 40 feet and after that it is BONE DRY all the way out to the marsh. South Channel has very little water, about a foot wide the first 200 yards, and after that just a couple inches deep. The water level out there is the lowest in over 25 years according to wardens. Plus both channels have had bogs blow in front of them again making a 100-150 foot portage. NOT FUN !!!!

The marsh was drained this year to get rid of all the carp that had come in last year when they had the severe flooding. They draw it down each year but this year was much lower and with no rains the last couple months it has struggled to fill back up.

This place will be very hard to get into and around in this year, my advice, look elsewhere this year !!

Edited on 9/27/09 11:40 AM
Post Your Comment
9/22/09 @ 7:47 PM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
Well that's at least a good sign!, Won't be long now till the opener!!! Hopefully the ducks hang around for a couple weeks...

Post Your Comment
9/22/09 @ 3:24 PM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
Dang that's not good...So I'm assuming there aren't as many ducks flying around either then?

Post Your Comment
9/22/09 @ 1:54 PM
long-tail
long-tail
USER since 12/4/05
None of the ditches have water and there is a lot of mud showing. The water levels are extremely low this year.

Edited on 9/22/09 1:54 PM
Post Your Comment
9/22/09 @ 11:33 AM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
Anyone been here recently to check out the water levels and amount of ducks flying around? I hope both are high for the opener! Only 10 Days till I'll be up there next Friday!!!

Post Your Comment
9/20/09 @ 5:16 PM
walleyeralph
walleyeralph
USER since 6/20/01
I never went past the refuge line. Stopped and got out of the boat and hunted the peace of public land thats on that side of the refuge. All dry ground.

Post Your Comment
9/20/09 @ 4:07 PM
claybreaker01
claybreaker01
USER since 11/27/05
You can use a motor on the Fox River to access the lower Grand/upper Fox. But the moment you pass into the public wildlife area, you better have that motor out of the water. Too many people up there think they own everything. You would not catch me up there. I've know of more than a few arguments break out up on the river over private/public and navigable waterway. Not worth it imo.

Post Your Comment
9/20/09 @ 2:33 PM
walleyeralph
walleyeralph
USER since 6/20/01
your right u can't use a motor there where u are hunting. but the part of grandriver marsh that iam hunting u can use a motor.ive been all over your end of the marsh but have u been on the other side? get there then u will know also.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 98 Posts