Grand RIver Marsh

9/23/05 @ 8:23 PM
ORIGINAL POST
skybuster1969
skybuster1969
MEMBER since 10/22/03
Has any one been down the canal off of county B and out in the marsh yet . If so could you please let me know how much work it will be this year . Your responses will be extremely appreciated . Thanks Again Dave

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 98 Posts
10/6/09 @ 9:58 PM
All Quacked Up
All Quacked Up
USER since 9/27/04
Anyone get out here for the opener? Some family stuff came up and I couldn't make it for the first time in over 12 years! Gotta wait now for the second opener. Crying Oh well. Reports anyone: Jerm, bennelli, taker, bigbird???

-Quacked

Post Your Comment
10/1/09 @ 3:06 PM
Draketaker
Draketaker
USER since 9/27/09
With budget restraints as they are dredging those ditches is probably not on the top of the list to allocate funds too. Also when dredging they cannot put even one shovel full on a cattail or they are destroying habitat, thats per the warden. So they would only be able to dredge half way at best and with the rest of the channel being higher the water level from the marsh would not fill it in.

Edited on 10/1/09 7:06 PM
Post Your Comment
10/1/09 @ 2:34 PM
Reel Finny
Reel Finny
USER since 6/21/07
So- has anyone contacted the DNR about dredging the ditches?

Post Your Comment
10/1/09 @ 2:30 PM
benellifanatic
benellifanatic
USER since 12/15/07
rain coming......probabaly won't do any good, but who knows........ Crying

Post Your Comment
10/1/09 @ 12:58 PM
Big Bird
Big Bird
USER since 9/16/05
I just check the ditch monday,..I walked the dike down to the end of the marsh, it will be a lot of work there is not enough water to float a canoe until you get to the second side channel, then proably barely enough, the cattails are all but grown in at the end,...I have gone in myself with less water proably 6 years ago.

If you are going in this way take in as little as possible 1/2 dozen dekes or less, one box of shells and only enough cloths as you need to stay warm after breaking a sweat.

Good luck to all

Post Your Comment
9/30/09 @ 12:17 PM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
Yeah those guys should have a heck of a time getting out there with how things are looking this year lol! (Just for the record I wont be one of those guys...I walk)

Post Your Comment
9/29/09 @ 5:40 PM
Draketaker
Draketaker
USER since 9/27/09
Alot of guys will be very surprised this year if they havent been there to scout. My favorite are the guys with the JonBoats !! HA HA !!!

Post Your Comment
9/29/09 @ 11:44 AM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
I still got my young legs out their haha...I think I'll make it out there okay. I know your just telling us what you saw out there and thanks cause I'd rather have you tell us how it is than make something up and bring us down once we get there. Like the saying goes...Don't kill the messenger haha.

Only a couple days till the opener!!!

Post Your Comment
9/29/09 @ 10:12 AM
Draketaker
Draketaker
USER since 9/27/09
Not trying to be the bearer of bad news just telling it like is I guess and trying to save some guys alot of time and energy. That place will test the old ticker this year !!!

Post Your Comment
9/28/09 @ 11:01 PM
Jermtheworm33
Jermtheworm33
USER since 1/1/08
I will be hunting the marsh for the the opener as well and I hope it still turns out well for ducks this weekend. If it turns out that bad then me and all the guys I hunt with may have to try a plan B... I'm still pumped for the opener either way though!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 98 Posts