MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Fiberglass Skiff Repair ?

8/1/18 @ 12:57 AM
INITIAL POST
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
User since 10/5/05

I need to get the keel of my fiberglass skiff repaired.....it has worn through, particularly on the bow and aft edges from loading and unloading.  I did do a patch repair several years ago, but that has worn now as well, looking for a more permanent, long lasting repair.

Anyone have any quality shops they know of in the Fox Valley area that would be able to handle this repair?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/20/18 @ 11:50 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

In high wear area's suggest you do the repair with kevlar rather than fiberglass. Last repair you'll need to do.

Mad River Canoes sells kevlar kits.

9/19/18 @ 9:53 PM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
User since 10/5/05

Ended up just doing it myself, basically replacing the patches I did a couple years back......it will do for this season.

After this season, its time for a professional repair!! 

9/4/18 @ 5:04 PM
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

If you don't find anyone, it is fairly simple to do yourself.  Keep us posted.

8/1/18 @ 1:47 PM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

Muddy water boats in Appleton.

Phone numbers 920-731-4841 and 920-733-7254 email [email protected]

Not sure if they do repair but I purchased a layout boat from them YEARS ago and they do nice work. Might be worth a call.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE