Federal stamp price

1/22/15 @ 10:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
I just read that the price for the 15/16 season will increase by $10 to $25 next season. Angry
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts
3/18/15 @ 9:57 PM
charlieboy
charlieboy
USER since 1/23/08
http://www.flyways.us/faq/how-does-duck-stamp-program-work

There is plenty of info online about how proceeds of stamp sales are spent if you take the time to look. One site is above.

Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 6:15 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
If price is too high, then don't pay it and don't hunt, seems like a pretty good deal to me as well

Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 5:19 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
USER since 11/3/08
I'm sure if you contact US FWS, they could tell you break down. In my opinion, it's the best bang for your buck in wildlife investment.

Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 8:29 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
I can't find any real breakdown of moneys spent, I just don't trust people blindly with my money and would like to know where this increase will be spent. Perch if you could help find a breakdown of stamp fund spending that would be great. I am not looking for an argument, just where the money is going to be spent.

Edited on 3/18/15 8:38 AM
Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 6:32 AM
Perchin'
Perchin'
USER since 1/24/02
So if you can't find anything, why would you put something up at all?

You suggested people were lining their pockets with increased fees. Why not say anything until you know for sure?

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 3:22 PM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
I really find it hard to believe they operate on 2 percent of sales, I can't find the operating budget anywhere on that site.

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 10:37 AM
Perchin'
Perchin'
USER since 1/24/02
Protecting Habitat: Your Duck Stamp Dollars at Work

For every dollar you spend on Federal Duck Stamps, ninety-eight cents goes directly to purchase vital habitat for protection in the National Wildlife Refuge System. The Migratory Bird Conservation Commission (MBCC) oversees the use of Federal Duck Stamp funds for the purchase and lease of wetland habitat. The MBCC also reviews, but does not approve, the use of Federal Duck Stamp dollars for the purchase of small natural wetlands and their associated uplands for preservation as Waterfowl Production Areas (WPAs).

http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/conservation/conservation.htm

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 8:52 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
I don't think it is about the $10 increase, it should be about where the increase will be spent. I have tried to get a real breakdown on spending of stamp funds, all I find is pie charts not real numbers. It would be great if it was all for land purchases but I don't like the idea that it may be used to fatten pensions or other none duck production costs.

Post Your Comment
2/11/15 @ 8:33 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
Not that I really care one way or another about someone elses personal finances- but if you can't afford a duck stamp at age 69 and are still able-bodied enough to get out and hunt, you probably should not have retired at such a young age. The last thing this country needs is MORE welfare. But I digress...

I buy a stamp every year, even though I usually don't even duck hunt anymore. I like where that money goes, and am happy to see they are raising the rates (which hopefully will mean more habitat restoration). I truly hope that it doesn't deter people from hunting, but it was an overdue increase IMO.

Post Your Comment
2/11/15 @ 1:58 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
I would have no problem giving seniors and vets a discount stamp. They earned it. How many duck stamps has a 70 year probably paid for in his life....? And it's obvious what anyone who has served overseas has sacrificed.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts