MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Diver Duck Hunting on Green Bay

4/24/19 @ 8:39 AM
INITIAL POST
HuntFishWisconsin
HuntFishWisconsin
User since 4/11/19

Episode 3 of the Hunt Fish Wisconsin Podcast is now live and we are talking diver ducks on Green Bay.

This is a real informative episode.  

The podcast can be found on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Podbean.

https://huntfishwisconsin.podbean.com/e/episode-3-diver-duck-hunting-with-bryan-urben/

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
10/4/19 @ 2:20 PM
bs4u00
User since 6/8/05

mr_benelli,

My personal opinion is that your motor is much too small on that big body of water.  It can be nice when you go out, but weather can kick up in a matter of minutes.  

Also, is your boat a modified V or flat bottom?  If its calm out and its modified V, your size of boat is probably ok.  I would not recommend a flat bottom out there though.

I have a 16x52 mod V with a 30 hp and I'm leary going out on green bay in the dark every time, even when weather is nice.  A 17' boat is the smallest I'd recommend on these big bodies of water.

10/4/19 @ 12:05 PM
waterfowlmaniac
User since 3/22/17

No. I wouldn't try it.

10/3/19 @ 1:59 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

anybody in need of diver dekes lemme know.

9/12/19 @ 10:52 PM
mr_benelli
User since 8/22/10

I've just bought a 16x50 jon boat rivet. With a 9.9 johnson outboard. Was wondering would that be ok to hunt Lake Michigan. This is my 1st rig. Any info would be great

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE