MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Breathable waders

9/3/17 @ 9:27 AM
INITIAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Looking to get a new pair of breathable waders. Looking for anyone input. Seems like about every three years got to get a new pair. Not to mention countless patching. Are the high dollar (ll bean, drake, banded) with it or do they seem to wear out just as quick. I do hunt from Sept 1st to Dec so they get used a lot.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/24/17 @ 8:36 AM
haymaker
User since 7/8/07

I have a pair of the Roger's brand breathable waders and absolutely love them! The wader itself is uninsulated so they are real nice for early season but they fit big enough that I can literally wear snowmobile bibs under them when it gets cold. 1200 grams in the boot also keeps the feet warm. I believe I'm going on year 3 or 4 with these waders and have had no issues.  I can tell you with %100 certainty that I will never go back to neoprene. 

9/7/17 @ 6:35 AM
DiverDown
User since 3/6/06

I use waders a lot and normally go through one to two pair per year. I have been buying the breathable Herter's brand waders from Cabela's and have been very disappointed. The seams start leaking within days. I have sent them back gotten new ones and the same problem occurs. I am going to try one of the more expensive pairs as I have spent over $300 on cheap waders this year anyways and hope that they last more than a couple weeks. The Cabela's brand breathables that I bought a few years ago were good and held up decently.

9/3/17 @ 11:07 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Truly wish there was the perfect wader!  I feel your pain. On average, im replacing every 2 years. I gave up on expensive waders period. I dont even bother with camo as most of the time im in waist high bush country. 

Im down to wearing $50-100 waders. This year im trying out a pair of Herters fisherman waders from Cashbelas. There lightweight, uninsulated and very loose material. I walk a ton in them. Average 30-60 min hikes one way and crossing running sloughs. I work them pretty hard. So far this years scouting missions hav proven there holding together well. Ive always burned them out from the knees to crotch. 

I guess alot depends on the type of conditions you expose them too and if you can tolerate not being insulated for late season conditions. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE