2018 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/18 @ 9:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09

Another New Year, Post your pics and/or comments here for 2018!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 125 Posts
TODAY @ 12:50 PM
Skunkbucket
Skunkbucket
USER since 7/1/18

Still lots of woodies around.  Saw few flocks of divers today. Quite a few geese flying this morning also.

Took home a pair of woodies.

Jefferson county

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:16 AM
no-luck
no-luck
USER since 12/14/12
West Central WI, Yesterday, 4 northern Mallard and two widgeon, mostly puddle ducks seen. Today, 2 local mallard and two ringers, flocks of divers on the move, only saw 1 flock of puddle ducks. If I could shoot I would have limited out.  

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 8:03 PM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

Keep em all in Horicon. Lot better for the rest of us!????

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 7:44 PM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
USER since 10/5/05

I hope people do go elsewhere than Horicon!  

It seems the last several years are all about timing, it's not holding the resident numbers that it once did.

But, when it's on, it's on and no other marsh I'd rather be in for the opportunity at every species of puddler and diver that comes through this area of the flyway. 

Just my $.02.     

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 2:41 AM
recker44
recker44
USER since 12/8/09

Honestly when was the last time Horicon was good? I've been reading the same report for years. Tons of hunters and no ducks. I get the magazine's hype it up but if the hunting sticks you'd think people would go somewhere else imo.

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 5:08 PM
OnTheDeck15
OnTheDeck15
USER since 10/9/17

It was a banger this morning! Nice to see some big northern birds!

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 2:16 PM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
USER since 10/5/05

Hunted Horicon Marsh, west side, south of Burnett Ditch on Saturday afternoon.....very, very little bird activity.  Plenty of other hunters in the marsh, heard maybe a half a dozen shots from 4 pm to close.....

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 1:54 PM
Bullman
Bullman
USER since 4/10/15

Had a great weekend with a nice group shown here on Saturday and then Sunday in the rain and snow we had all fresh birds down with Gadwals, greenwings, mallards, and only a few woodies, and then a flock of buffleheads came into the decoys on a pond in the woods. That was a first for me. Great weekend!  Water was very high. Able to drive the boat into the beaver pond as the dam was under water. Got back to the truck and found it in six inches of water. Still rising on the Mississippi.

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 10:12 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER since 7/17/09

Great hunt Griz !  Definitely time of year to fill the duck strap with variety! 

Might get on the pond this evening otherwise back at it at the end of the week. 

Post Your Comment
10/15/18 @ 10:00 AM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

Fowler2 I also skipped work today! Managed nice mix bag of mallards, ringers, and a redhead. Ran out of ammo today! 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 125 Posts