SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2018 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/18 @ 9:13 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year, Post your pics and/or comments here for 2018!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 218 posts
12/22/18 @ 6:05 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Still plenty of geese around the area. Gonna try to take advantage of this later season til the end.

12/7/18 @ 8:09 PM
Abest
User since 12/2/07
SAW A HUGE FLOCK OF MALLARDS TODAY MAYBE 2 3 HUNDRED. PLUS LOTS OF SMALLER GROUPS SCATTERED AROUND. FUN TO WATCH! ALSO A FAIR AMOUNT OF GEESE!  WISH I COULD GIVE THEM ONE MORE SHOT! UNTIL NEXT YEAR MERRY XMASS!!!
12/3/18 @ 9:25 AM
fourboyz
User since 2/24/03

Found: Bag of decoys 12/2/18

Little Sturgeon Area

PM me some details are we will get them to you.

12/3/18 @ 2:52 AM
recker44
User since 12/8/09

Most knockrd the snot out of them. Just not me.

12/3/18 @ 2:50 AM
recker44
User since 12/8/09
Hunted late last week on the river. Few ducks other than mergansers. Though i read reports today as always of people on another site killing limits easily.
12/2/18 @ 11:28 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

As I wipe the tears from my face with the season over. I think to myself that this was my worst season ever. Even though it was a bad season it was still enjoyable. With plenty of ups and downs. I'm already looking forward to next season and maybe a couple goose hunts yet we will see on that. I decided to stay close to home this morning to close it out. Set up on the river behind my and took 2 mallards bro. I hope everyone closed it out on a high note.

12/2/18 @ 7:21 PM
lightning95
lightning95
User since 1/7/14

Got out today for the last evening hunt.  The river was beautiful in the snow!  Had some geese come in to the call from sky high, circle, cup wings and drop in only to flare off at the last minute.  Frustrating.  Went further up river and spooked up maybe forty mallards, a flock of goldeneye and some mergansers.  Set up there and had this pair drift in like snowflakes.  One shot dumped em both.  Satisfying season to say the least.  My dog Mitch brought more birds to hand this year than any season in his ten years of service.  See you next year!

12/1/18 @ 2:53 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Scouted the river today looking for some geese. Water has opened back up a lot. Managed to sneak up on dozen or so geese. Jumped them, dumped one and must of short stroked the ole 870. Second shot click no shell! Got one though! 

11/30/18 @ 10:16 PM
Lufus
User since 9/26/09

Spent the day driving from south of Milwaukee area out to Burlington area and not much open water unfortunately. Didn’t see much other than seagulls flying and geese in the cities. Might be time to call it for me this year. Definitely birds in the area but getting tougher and tougher to find. Had a great year...time to start thinking about what I need to start fixing for next year I guess! 

11/30/18 @ 8:07 PM
Abest
User since 12/2/07

This has been some of the best late season hunting around here in a long time.Have been picking away at birds the last few weeks. Still lots of birds around. Don't think I will make it out these last 2 days. As I am pushing 73 years old I am getting tired. Today was a good one had to be on the X no decoys 2 geese. I been scouting these birds the last few days, they would always show up around 9:15 AM.  Good luck to you guys that will do it till the fat lady sings!

11/30/18 @ 1:42 PM
GottaCatchEm'All
User since 12/24/11

Krusenforcarp- amen lol. I've had to create new emails just to continue my free week subscription. I should probably just pay the $30 lol. Owell. Especially comes in handy when hunting on the Mississippi. Gotta love it! Definitely looking forward to being able to sleep in once season closes!

11/29/18 @ 7:20 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15
So far this week has been amazing. With Monday being my only so day. I hunted the river behind my house Monday and Tuesday. Then I got a phone call from a buddy that told me to get up by him. Got to love watching 5000 mallards each day working our spread. And the best part is we are only a couple miles from the northern zone. I feel bad for you south central guys the season will be over before those birds get to you. Good luck guys the rest of the season I cant wait for my 2 hour morning drive with next to nothing for sleep. 
11/29/18 @ 6:40 PM
krusen_for_carp
krusen_for_carp
User since 10/7/16

Lol ya just get a new free subscription every week. For me its been slower but still have shot alot. 

11/29/18 @ 3:33 PM
GottaCatchEm'All
User since 12/24/11

Reporting from South East WI. There's very few open lake/river spots left, but the ones that have openings seem to be holding mallards and the occasional divers. For me this has been my best waterfowl season yet! Mainly because i've done a lot more scouting and research. I'd highly recommend On-X hunting app. Allows you to find tons of new spots and has some incredible tools. Going to try an open water spot this weekend but could get ugly with the rain and high winds. Good luck to everyone heading out!

11/29/18 @ 7:33 AM
krusen_for_carp
krusen_for_carp
User since 10/7/16

Correct freeguideservice.  last weekend we were breaking 4 inches of ice with the boat to get out to open water. It was worth it though!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 218 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE