2018 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/18 @ 9:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09

Another New Year, Post your pics and/or comments here for 2018!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 70 Posts
TODAY @ 11:01 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER since 7/17/09

Your welcome Pool8. Camera went Live in September. Amazing Zoom capabilities. 

When we were out erecting the poles back in summer, normal resident bird activity. Really has come alive with migration activity. Should be really awesome with puddler numbers in about 2 weeks.

*Note -   Closed area for hunting. Waterfowl protection area.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:50 AM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Thank you Fowler I didn't know that was there, really neat.

Post Your Comment
9/24/18 @ 6:42 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER since 7/17/09

Live Web cam out in far west side of Lake Onalaska/Sommers chute/pool 7.

Great tool to monitor the bird activity as they migrate through the state.

Wigeon and pintails already here. Very cool watching the Eagles, Pelicans in there natural activity.

https://explore.org/livecams/raptor-resource-project/mississippi-river-flyway-cam

Edited on 9/25/18 6:33 AM
Post Your Comment
9/24/18 @ 6:21 PM
nocfisher
nocfisher
USER since 5/27/17

LOL

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 9:21 PM
Benelli 12
Benelli 12
USER since 6/19/01

I disagree. The marshes I hunt are all smaller drainages, 30-50-100 acres. The key I have found is scout, watch flight patterns, identify food sources and set up accordingly.  Just like hunting deer ! 

Just talked to my brother in the Mercer area. He has never seen so many teal and woodies in the rice beds on the rivers. Flocks of 20-50 teal. Hundreds of woodies... find the food and shoot ducks.

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 6:45 PM
Blowing feathers
Blowing feathers
USER since 2/15/16

Few new geese showed up 

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 5:46 PM
nocfisher
nocfisher
USER since 5/27/17

Hate to bring it up but like normal between the early goose and teal and youth hunts the marshes that arnt atleast a thousand arces are a waste land for ducks before the real opener.

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 5:40 PM
nocfisher
nocfisher
USER since 5/27/17

Ya theres woodies around till late oct for sure up north and with more acorns then skeeters they ant going anywhere.Blue wing Teal ya never know.3 years ago they came threw the second friday of the north opener and were gone gone in 2 days.I thought they went threw before opener but to are surprise we had a ball and shot our 12 in 30 minutes two days in a row and maybe shot a couple the rest of season.

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 5:29 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

Shoot woodies all through October up north of hwy 70. Still acorns falling. Saw mallards today that were still not full plumage. Dose not matter for opener. Best hunting is mid Oct to mid Nov. 

Post Your Comment
9/21/18 @ 6:22 PM
freeguideservice
freeguideservice
USER since 12/4/13

like statewide opener. But it should be a little earlier with split in November. Or no split at all.  

or open it all in mid September. and make split last week of September.

why open season so late? there will be almost no woodys in northern zone. no blue wing teal. 

If You live north oh hwy 8 You may not get a chance at any of those local birds this year.

But If you like ice fishing while duck season is still open and there is hardly a bird to be found you are in luck

Edited on 9/22/18 10:32 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 70 Posts