SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 307 posts
1/6/18 @ 10:17 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

Birdin,

Those are awesome pics.

1/6/18 @ 2:48 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

It was definitely an experience..got my yearly limit of kings and harlequins. Anyone looking to try something different give it a try...

2017 Waterfowl Reports photo by birdin 24/7
1/5/18 @ 8:10 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Birdin, that's great! How did the rest of the days go? 

How do they taste?

1/1/18 @ 10:44 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Man oh Man, you are way way out there!!

1/1/18 @ 8:35 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Day one is one to remember 

12/31/17 @ 2:47 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Birdin 24/7, Awesome! post some pics!

I'm sitting on Bay de Noc, watching mallards and buffs fly over me. Waiting for a flag to pop.

12/31/17 @ 10:30 AM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Ending 2017 with a bang.. flying to saint Paul island at noon today to start 2018 hunting king eiders...hope to get a few for the wall

12/21/17 @ 2:35 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Made a quick unplanned trip 500 south. Got the call, "birds are here!"

Just kilt'em four days straight. @80 ducks, ONLY six mallards? I can't believe it, the mallards must have passed by the teal, spooners and pins this year and are further south already? Lol. The teal buzzed around us, as thick as mosquitoes on a hot and muggy Wisconsin night.

12/11/17 @ 11:22 AM
DoubleTap
User since 1/10/12

Went out for the last hunt of the season yesterday afternoon- busy for the remainder of the season- a solo goose hunt, just me and the dog. Casual hunt, set up about 20 dekes and my snow-camo blind in a field I know they fly over in the afternoon between food and roost, and the weather and wind were perfect. Got my 2 birds out of the first two flights that came in, then we just laid in the blind and watched hundreds more pour into the field. I must have laid there quiet and still for about 30 min or more, just enjoying the incredible show as flight after flight came in. Walking in the decoys, landing so close you could hear the snow and corn stalks swish from their wing beats, pretty much all around me. Even saw a bird with a band. Dog was having a pretty hard time controlling herself with all the birds so close, but she did her best. When the geese got full or bored they all headed west towards the open lake, and I picked up the gear and was back home by 430. 

It was a pretty amazing hunt and experience just to sit back and watch birds- how they circle, talk and honk to each other, forage for food, etc. Just wish I could have shared it with a couple of my hunting partners as well. A great hunt to end a good season. Already looking towards next year. St. Croix County.

12/11/17 @ 10:13 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

wow!   great pics all,   wish i was more ambitious or had more buddys up at my dads over the weekend and still a ton of geese to kill yet.

12/10/17 @ 9:50 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

If I can' hunt them I might as well feed them, the pups really seem to enjoy watching them too...

12/8/17 @ 1:20 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Great pictures. Already Gone your uncle looks like a young man. Too bad you didn't have more hunts together.

12/8/17 @ 11:23 AM
AlreadyGone
AlreadyGone
User since 9/7/11

1 Fowl One:    Thanks.  That's a classic pic of your kids....they are going to love that 35 years from now. Lol.

Funny thing about pics, nobody really wants to take the time for them at first...then later, everyone loves to see them. Great memories for sure. Cool stuff.

Cold, wet, tired and ready to get some food, my Uncle (on right) and a friend (on left) sure didn't want to take the time for this photo 25 years ago. Turns out, it was the last  hunt that my Uncle and I had. He was the best outdoorsman/duck hunter I've ever come to know still. And I've been so lucky to know many....

Good Stuff 1 Fowl...keep up the good work. And anyone else out there. Best wishes.

12/8/17 @ 8:12 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Alreadygone,

Awesome picture! I wish I would have more pictures of my dad and I hunting and fishing. It's funny, I never thought (years ago) you'd need pictures for proof. That things would change so much in 30 years. My buddy (who would give me crap) about taking pictures tells my son about the days "back then" on bago. Or my dad and I dip netting smelt. Just never thought my son wouldn't see it or in my life it would've changed? 

One of favorite pictures so far. 

Merry Christmas 

12/7/17 @ 9:22 AM
AlreadyGone
AlreadyGone
User since 9/7/11

Having a good camera along is priceless...later you will be glad you took the time for a few pics. 

We had the perfect rig for hunting open water, offshore. Grass mats, long heavy adjustable cords on the blocks for any depth, for years we did very well in December....then they changed the rules on us.

Good Days with these guys...all 3 are gone now to the other side.... but I'm glad I took the time for the pic back then. Enjoy your time guys. 

Merry Christmas.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 307 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE