2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 105 Posts
TODAY @ 10:18 AM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

Hunted public marsh for only the 4th time all season. Managed couple woodies that decoyed. Other than that not much working marsh. Jumped some mallards while paddling back to landing. Lots of divers using as roast. Two other groups out, never fired a shot.

Edited on 10/21/17 10:19 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:57 AM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
USER since 2/25/12

Lots of birds flying this morning in the fields in Southeastern portion. Could of shot some flyers but only shot what cupped or landed in spread.  Called them in from long distances today.  No water in the marsh or river so set up in the field today. 

Post Your Comment
10/18/17 @ 3:50 PM
Bullman
Bullman
USER since 4/10/15

Late report from opening day out on the Mississippi. Three guys and nine woodies. Nice to be able to just pick out the drakes.

Edited on 10/18/17 3:57 PM
Post Your Comment
10/17/17 @ 5:42 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
USER since 11/16/15

Quick hunt before work this morning. Crystal clear morning. The wind they called for never showed up. A few new flocks of birds. The usual early shooters. Had over a dozen birds in my decoys when someone a hundred yards always shoots ten min early. I hollered check your watch. They left within the hour. smh. All in all not a bad morning other than that. 

Post Your Comment
10/16/17 @ 6:53 PM
OnTheDeck15
OnTheDeck15
USER since 10/9/17
Yesterday was some of the worst sky blasting I have ever seen. One of the most frustrating hunts of my life. Had one blue wing the first 2 mins after that nobody would let the birds flock after flock getting shot at on swings working my spread or flaring off other shots. Stuck it out and got lucky with a good flight at 11 ended up with 5. Today was a bit of a let down a lot of birds left and only a small amount replaced them. We still managed 10 ducks and a goose. Couple nice northern green heads! Mallards were fresh and decoyed hard. Amazing things happen when they're able to enter the marsh!

Post Your Comment
10/16/17 @ 6:20 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10

2 woodys this morning. Quick hunt, woodys done flying by 8am. Paired up w/ a couple honkers. Nice morning 

Post Your Comment
10/16/17 @ 7:37 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02

hunted se area with a buddy yesterday morning shot 2 woodys, seen a few other small flocks and some geese but nothing close by.

note to self;;;;;; do not! duck hunt public land on pheasant hunting opening weekend,  i dont think ducks like pumpkins standing and walking around and dogs and constant shooting.

Post Your Comment
10/15/17 @ 11:35 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
USER since 6/15/15

My hunting partner and I had a good second opener. We hit up one of my mallard holes on Saturday with a limit of mallards. Sunday we hit up one of wood duck holes ended with a limit of woodies. Didn't see much still all local birds so set up was key to get the stale birds in.

Post Your Comment
10/15/17 @ 9:05 PM
pothole_sniper
pothole_sniper
USER since 11/12/11

Dark, windy and misty morning at Horicon area field. Classic weather unfortunately the field that the owner gave us to hunt had the wind blowing right into our faces. Still managed 3 geese, 3 mallards and 2 woodies between the 4 of us. Ducks worked all morning.

Post Your Comment
10/15/17 @ 4:11 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
USER since 2/25/12

Strong winds today.  We downed 5 in total. Stormy but we had fun. Seen teal, Woodies and mallards.  Lots of geese today. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 105 Posts