2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 5:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
TODAY @ 9:41 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

saw geese on thursday. first time since december.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:02 PM
JS Outdoors
JS Outdoors
USER since 2/28/16

Anybody notice just how many ducks and geese that are around right now? Thousands of each, pretty cool to see. Sure wish we had some sanctuaries, rest areas or something during the fall migration,  to help keep them here longer. IMO we need a change of some sort. If you think the overall numbers are down, take a drive and see for yourself. Not looking for an argument, just pointing out the amazing amount of waterfowl in central WI right now. Let's hope they have a successful nesting season. Cheers ladies and gents

Edited on 2/25/17 7:02 PM
Post Your Comment
1/25/17 @ 4:26 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Had to try one last time. The boy and i packed up and went south again, back to Tennessee. I think we passed by majority of the birds, about 350 miles south? Got down there last Thursday and hunted for three days. Had a lot of fun, always a great time with them boys there. But they're struggling also this year. As we did, here. Birds slowly moving down, most that are there have been shot at already, and the weather. 70 flippin degrees one day. I thought the old waders started leaking one afternoon, they were filling up. Nope, no leak, just sweat. Ended up, we shot 25 ducks, no geese. Mallards, teal, wood ducks and gadwall. My son has been saving money for a mount. This year he has been looking to shoot his first for the wall. Had his chance for his pintail and missed. He did shoot a really nice gadwall and greenwinger. He is trying to decide which one. Think ill help him and do both. Now that depressing time comes when we put everything away. 

Post Your Comment
1/10/17 @ 8:57 PM
Brad
Brad
USER since 6/19/01

I saw a couple hundred mallards on the north side of Oshkosh when I was coming home from work yesterday.  I wasn't surprised there were still mallards around, but I was surprised by the Number of birds and where they were.  The bird feeders around South Park must all be empty...

Post Your Comment