2016 Spring Hearings- Waterfowl Question

2/10/16 @ 11:27 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09
I believe it is question number 33 on the Spring Hearings that is asking that all permanent Waterfowl Blinds to not be allowed anymore. Good question to take a look at.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 72 Posts
3/21/16 @ 7:36 PM
flyman444
flyman444
USER since 4/7/02
DW it is people like you, the ones that ask people to move that cause problems ... You are the very reason why we are trying to make it illegal.

Just because it is legal doesn't make it right. You call it a blind ... Your claim to a spot ... I call it littering!

Post Your Comment
3/21/16 @ 6:59 PM
SLM
SLM
USER since 1/10/07
No, 1 minute before you and it's mine. First come first serve. Get rid of the dam things, the builders think they own the public spot and they don't.

Post Your Comment
3/20/16 @ 1:59 PM
A&N Outdoors
A&N Outdoors
USER since 1/14/16
Anyone know how the duck hunting around bleecher wisconsin has been the last few years?

Post Your Comment
3/20/16 @ 12:39 PM
Blowing feathers
Blowing feathers
USER since 2/15/16
I have been on both ends of this issue. First I built a blind spent a lot of money bought grass mats for the whole thing. Hunted it 1 weekend shot a lot of ducks showed up the next weekend to find all the grass mats gone and the rest of the blind in pieces floating all over the lake. 2nd hunted next to a blind waited set all 120 blocks 15 min before opening the owner comes out screaming that he spent all this time building his blind and he was not moving till we picked all the decoys and moved. Being my fathers son and what happened to me the year prior I refused first come first serve. After a few words were exchanged and He told me I was unethical he moved on only to follow us to the landing to threaten us some more swinging his gun around kinda scary to a 15 year old. Lucky my dad was around the corner when the guy came at us. Now 15 years later I hunt out of a boat blind and lucky me the new marshes I hunt no one builds blinds.

Post Your Comment
3/18/16 @ 3:52 PM
flyman444
flyman444
USER since 4/7/02
DW .... That's rich. Respect other hunters????? Coming from the guy that openly posted on this forum that he would ask a guy to leave a spot ... Respect of other hunters don't build blinds on public lands.

I do spend lots of time in the marsh and have learned that guys with perm blinds feel entitled to their spot. This is always true without exception in my exprience. Some guys ask and do just move on but seriously why ask??? Why make me tell you that you got beat now shove off somewhere else.... You feel entitled to your spot...some still set in the blind when I am set 30 yards away because they feel entitled. Just because everyone can build blinds doesn't mean we should. I for one love that we as sportsmen have a process to outlaw perm blinds on public lands.

Try and spin it how you want but dumping a wooden box out on public land does not make it your spot....

Post Your Comment
3/18/16 @ 12:42 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05
flyman444 - you will learn these things when you spend some time in a marsh. There is a time that hunters are allowed to build blinds. That time is the exact same for each hunter. Hardly call that entitled.

Everything don't need to be a fight. Say your peace and then let it go. Lastly respect other hunters. Have a good weekend!

Post Your Comment
3/17/16 @ 9:32 PM
flyman444
flyman444
USER since 4/7/02
DW you have a very interesting point of view. Alot of ads in duck hunting mags say the same thing buy our decoys, camo, calls...still doesnt mean much unless you are where they want to be. On average spots are no where near equal that is a major reason why guys build blinds -- to try a lay claim.

I can't wait until all the entitled blind builders are gone.

Additionally, Most locals don't leave the state 24 hours after opener. They just move to somewhere else usually not too far away. Since all spots aren't equal, this where scouting plays a large role.

Last point for all you blind builders out there who think they own public lands...

If I am first out and get my spot and it has no blind then no one is going to pull up and ask me to move.

Post Your Comment
3/17/16 @ 3:17 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05
Dude,

take a breathe, ok?

Obviously some are better. My point is that people think that because that person is shooting ducks that they are in the best spot which is far from true. If they have better/more decoys, better calling, better concealment, etc they will kill more ducks. If you don't agree, than so be it.

Post Your Comment
3/15/16 @ 5:38 PM
MallardAbuse
MallardAbuse
USER since 11/18/04
Duckwidow, you are flat out wrong about most spots being equal. You couldn't be more wrong. Battle number one of duck hunting is being where the birds want to be. Battle number two is not screwing it up. Year after year, the same areas on the same lakes and marshes hold birds, while other spots do not. You are wrong.

Post Your Comment
3/14/16 @ 3:19 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05
flyman444,

It is still your right to turn people away 2 hours before however if the lake has no other hunters on it why not? People fail to realize that on average most spots are equal. Not to say on certain days 1 might be better than another but I am talking an average. The difference lies in decoys, concealment, calling, shooting ability, etc.

If you guys are satisfied with the amount of birds you see then keep everything as is. What is funny though is come every season I see the same people saying they don't see many birds except for migration days. Sure there are gonna be days where birds go straight through but taking some pressure off of them cannot hurt. As far as birds being shot in wisconsin being produced in wisconsin, I have never asked a bird I shot where he grew up. I do know that a very limited number of GWT, Gadwall, Widgeon, Shovelors, Canvasback, Redhead, Bluebill, Ringbill, Goldeneye, Bufflehead, Pintail, etc nest in Wisconsin. In addition many BWT and Mallards come from out of state. Most local birds are burned out in a few days but that is when the majority of hunters are in the field.

And please do not analyze every word I say. I am sharing my educated feelings the same as you all.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 72 Posts