2016 Spring Hearings- Waterfowl Question

2/10/16 @ 12:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gander Dander
Gander Dander
USER since 4/15/09
I believe it is question number 33 on the Spring Hearings that is asking that all permanent Waterfowl Blinds to not be allowed anymore. Good question to take a look at.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 72 Posts
7/18/16 @ 10:26 PM
Brad
Brad
USER since 6/19/01

Duckwidow... it wouldn't be a discussion if we agreed... and I respect your opinion, I simply don't agree with it.  

Concealment law.  From what I have read, our law is unique to Wisconsin and Minnesota.  Also, it appears to have originated to stop market hunters from ruining sport hunting on Kosh.  While I do agree with you that the effect it has on today's hunter is eliminating much of the shore line from being used, I don't think it follows that it results in birds sticking around longer.  There is still boat traffic from other hunters and fisherman.   And most of the areas you can't hunt from a boat can still be hunted as long as you are willing to stand there in the water.  

I don't believe relaxing these laws will push the birds through the state any faster.  For myself, it would simply be a matter of convenience as I would be allowed to sit in my boat rather than having to stand in the water to hunt the areas I want.  Come late November, it is much more comfortable (and safer) to hunt from the boat.

Post Your Comment
7/18/16 @ 4:30 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05

Which bad laws?  So your belief is different then mine makes you right?  heard that before.  Not everyone is set up for a boat blind and smaller boats are not very stable without a permanent blind...

Post Your Comment
7/13/16 @ 2:19 PM
Floatin n' boatin
Floatin n' boatin
USER since 7/23/15

Get rid of the permanent blinds. It is not that hard to find decent cover to sit in. If you need more cover than what is in a given area....leave. Not that hard.

Post Your Comment
7/11/16 @ 10:06 PM
Brad
Brad
USER since 6/19/01

Following a centuries old bad law doesn't make Wisconsin a leader.  Cleaning up the regulations to eliminate old laws that were enacted to correct problems that no longer exist would.

Post Your Comment
7/11/16 @ 6:52 PM
Blowing feathers
Blowing feathers
USER since 2/15/16

So does anyone know if blinds on public lands/marshes still legal this year or not. It don't matter to me as I hunt out of my boat blind just wondering what the rule is now 

Post Your Comment
7/11/16 @ 3:44 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05

More liberal concealment laws will not keep them around longer.  That much I can guarentee. Wisconsin needs to be the leader in conservation with hunting.  Not a follower of what other states do.

Post Your Comment
7/10/16 @ 12:53 PM
Brad
Brad
USER since 6/19/01

I understand your concerns, but do not believe changing the concealment law is going to push birds through the state any faster than they currently move.  Other states have very liberal to no concealment requirements and they are able to harvest birds, so I see no reason why Wisconsin shouldn't adopt similar regulations.

Post Your Comment
7/6/16 @ 12:37 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

I share the same concern voiced by duckwidow. I'm not sure many hunters realize how quickly birds move out of an area when there is little resting cover where they will be undisturbed.

Post Your Comment
7/5/16 @ 4:36 PM
duckwidow
duckwidow
USER since 11/12/05

Brad,

Spread out hunters but also remove many resting areas for birds meaning birds would even be pushed faster through the state...

Post Your Comment
7/4/16 @ 10:15 AM
Blowing feathers
Blowing feathers
USER since 2/15/16

So what happened to the blind rule 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 72 Posts