Vertical Trees

5/23/14 @ 7:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Fisher123
Fisher123
USER since 7/6/06
Has anyone tried using the vertical trees from Traxstech or Berts? If so have you found this to help with the main lines crossing and tangling?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/18/14 @ 9:14 PM
Fisher123
Fisher123
USER since 7/6/06
Just a follow-up from my first couple of trips with the new trees. I cant believe I have fished this long without them. I have only used them for walleyes on Green Bay, but plan on going out on Lake Michigan this weekend. So far so good, expensive but a great product.

Post Your Comment
6/17/14 @ 7:30 PM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
Wouldnt see why not. I run traxtech trees/single rod holders, cannon rod holders and berts scotty base adaptors in my traxtech bases.

Post Your Comment
6/13/14 @ 12:59 AM
smokercraft427
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
Does anyone know if berts tackle rod holders will fit in my Traxstech bases? I'm thinking about adding some verticals for salmon fishing. In An effort to not high jack Fisher123's post...Please send me a pm if ya know.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 12:51 PM
Monark_170
Monark_170
USER since 7/10/13
We use the Bert's rod tree on our boat, and won't ever go back to single rod holders. Not only does it help with the crossing of lines, it also helps keep the line out of the water in big waves. Which impacts lure performance if the boards are always surging. Also it really opens up the sides of your boat, space wise ...

They are expensive but well worth it if you ask me.

Post Your Comment
5/31/14 @ 5:32 PM
Fisher123
Fisher123
USER since 7/6/06
I ordered a set of the Traxstech vertical trees. I should have them by next weekend try out on Green Bay.

Post Your Comment
5/28/14 @ 1:24 PM
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
I have used the great lakes planer rod trees in the past for board lines salmon fishing and they work great I am looking to get a set fot my new boat

Post Your Comment
5/24/14 @ 11:32 PM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
I have the traxstech triple rod trees and i really like them. never had a problem before getting them with lines tangling, i mainly got them to run more lines and to have everything organized. But they are really nice to have all 3 rods right them at your reach. Running those and some single rod holders as well, makes for a deadly salmon boat spread.

Post Your Comment