SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

New to walleyes

1/13/19 @ 12:48 AM
INITIAL POST
bassmaster2123
User since 1/13/16
Normally just fished northern on tip ups. Looking to get into walleye fishing jigging and tip ups. Going to this lake this weekend been ready up quite a but on walleye ice fishing.. been thinking about trying where the black Mark's are during the day and setting up on point or where red Mark's are for sunrise/sunset bit any info would be great thanks
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
1/21/19 @ 7:49 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Well? were waiting!

1/18/19 @ 8:45 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Staying mobile is key until you can find'em.  Do you have a good sonar?  If not, get one! 

What I've found is that fish are lazy(ier) in winter and tend to like the flats more than the steep drops (not always of course).  Always looking for transitions though (weed changes, bottom changes, etc.)    Once you start marking fish, then start throwing the tackle box at them.  I like more aggressive lures to start.  Hopefully the fishes are aggressive too, but also to attract fish to my area as well.  Having a few rods rigged ahead of time helps.

Tip ups can be a great accessory, but I'd say keep it simple and yourself moving often until you figure things out.

Good Luck!  Hope this helps.

1/17/19 @ 9:40 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Looks like got good staring point. Experiment with depths. Is this a clear or stained body of water? If clear don't be afraid to try to 35 fow or suspending bait 10 off bottom along that steep brake. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE