larsons reef

9/27/14 @ 6:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
lucann
lucann
USER since 8/17/14
hi new member here looking for away i can find this reef in green bay,do i need a gps, depth and size is there a visual of this larsons reef.closes boat ramp to it.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
4/24/15 @ 12:03 PM
get the frabill
get the frabill
USER since 3/23/12
Completely agree about the GPS comment on the bay. We are talking big water and things can get dicey quickly. If you are serious about fishing big water I strongly suggest having the correct setup to do so. Every so often you hear about someone that was ill equipped and something bad happens. GPS with the highest quality lake mapping chip is a must in my opinion.

All of that is not to mention that the bigger the water the more difficult it is to "coordinate" a reef or structure using visual recognition. I know that generations before us did not have this luxury but in today's technological age why not stack the deck in your favor. personally, I am too busy to spend the day hoping to be in the right spot.

Please feel free and pm me if you have any questions on safe operation on big water.

GTF <*(((><

Post Your Comment
9/28/14 @ 4:16 AM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
Just south of sturgeon bay. I wouldnt be caught without a gps on the bay but i guess you could use a map instead. Closest and nicest boat launch is the stone quarry launch outside of sturgeon bay.

Post Your Comment