Jigs or something else?

6/20/14 @ 3:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13
What's your favorite way to catch Walleye? Jigs, slow death, cranks, trolling, drifting or maybe something totally off the charts.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts
11/5/14 @ 2:49 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13
With the cold weather approaching blades may be the ticket. I love the "feel" you get when a nice walleye nails a blade bait on the fall. Jigs are a tug or a stop, but the blade is to me a more exciting presentation. Unfortunately, by this time of the year when blades seem to work their best, I have put everything away until next year. See you in the spring, I'm off to FLA.

Post Your Comment
10/24/14 @ 7:50 AM
ajs
ajs
USER since 12/19/01
I would say the Jig is the all around most versatile way to fish eyes. Slow drag, Snap jig, slow hop, live bait or plastics. They work all year long when worked one way or another! And they are cheap!

Post Your Comment
10/22/14 @ 3:49 AM
30''walters
30''walters
USER since 1/22/12
fat loud cranks or jig n twisters. only two things I really fish with other than live bait once in a while. just mix it up with colors and presentation.

Post Your Comment
10/21/14 @ 8:08 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER since 9/6/13
Down2erth; Very good info, jigs seems to be the consensus this time of year, but I had no idea blades needed to have the water temp so low. Some reports I am getting from very reliable sources say the warm-up we are experiencing now and this weekend is going to really screw things up. We need to have a consistent drop in temps. Then the bite should really pick-up. Great time of the year to hit some holes that hold some fish on their way up the river.

Post Your Comment
10/20/14 @ 7:34 PM
icehouse n eyes
icehouse n eyes
USER since 7/1/12
I think theres a time and place for all. however it hard to beat the tried and true jig. Tipped with either a crawler, leech, minnow, or plastic. in the fall i prefer b' fishin plastics and jigs.

Post Your Comment
10/20/14 @ 1:19 PM
Down2erth
Down2erth
USER since 6/21/01
LJ, it's a bit early on the blade baits.. Blade baits on Lake Wis have always been hot first part of Nov. through ice up.. Rule of thumb I always said if the rod guides aren't icing up it's to early.. lol! But really if you get a cold snap early then about this time in Oct works, but it's not been near cold enough.. I'd pass on the Cicada's but Sonars and Zips in 3/8 and 1/2 work well. Paint ours Blue/Silver/Red bottom.. other good ones are Chart yellow/green combo, and Gold or Chrome..

Post Your Comment
10/18/14 @ 6:47 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
using the jigging rap has been good to me lately. for crappie too!

Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 10:35 AM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
Jigs, but I like to slowly backtroll and work my jigs that way while using boat control to keep my jig where it needs to be. Love tipping them with a spottail shiner. My next favorite is backtrolling a livebait rig with a big ole fat crawler. To me the fun part is the boatcontrol factor. Love my Minn Kota Vantage!

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
10/16/14 @ 1:38 PM
J.D. Knight
Nite-eye
USER since 10/31/12
1.Casting cranks 2.Pitching jigs 3. Rigging big creek chubs

So many fish so little time Big Smile

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 1:55 PM
Ty Glad