karl58
User since 7/27/13

What's your fav or best working crawler harness/lindee rig for walleyes,

Colors, lengths, single hooks vs multiple 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
4/5/19 @ 4:35 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05
I am adjusting my spinners going forward. Bigger hooks, stronger string. I use lime/chartreuse, orange/ chartreuse, hammered silver and gold. 
1/30/19 @ 8:58 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

I too make my own. Easy to do and more fulfilling catching fish on own creations. Like silver or gold blades cause I fish clear water. Colorado and willow blades both seem to work. Snell tie two octopus hooks with full crawler. If perch bite tail off crawler can't catch a walleye on that rig. Fav spinner color is blue/green/silver colorado.

1/30/19 @ 10:12 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Single large blades are the norm for most harness rigs, but...Most of mine are home tied double hook, double bladed, tied with flouro leader. I started putting small foam floats in with the bigger blades trying to keep the rigs from dropping on to zeeb covered rocks in Green Bay. Colors are either "alewife" or "perch". I experiment with spin props and float-n-spins to keep the bait suspended. From the pics you can see I use plastic clevises to change out to willow blades for faster trolling, when throwing diving plugs in the trolling mix. I pinch the crawler off a half inch behind the back hook. A Minnesota guide taught me that's the way walleyes like it.

1/25/19 @ 4:14 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Make all our own as well, always a "wingspan" for my so around six feet. Double single hooks when it's weedy and single in front with treble in back open/clean water. Always 17# fluorocarbon.

1/24/19 @ 2:16 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

Make by own also. 5-6' long. Double hooks. I used light wire hooks so I can pull them out of the timber I invariably find. A bright green Colorado blade is pretty consistent for us. Hook the crawler on with a twist so the crawler slowly spins thru the water. I usually use half a crawler

1/24/19 @ 11:13 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I make my own.  Lindy Rigs with a Leech, single hook sometimes a glow bead, length depends on body of water and Clarity.  Crawler Harnesses, again I make my own, typically 4-6' in length.  I only tie double hook harnesses, I do not like the triple hook harnesses.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE