Best trophy walleye and musky lake by Minocqua

3/12/16 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Teamgreen
Teamgreen
USER since 12/29/06
I would like to spend a week up Minocqua way and would like to ask fellow members which lake would be best for quality walleyes and musky. I have heard the tomahawk would be a good choice. Any inside info would be great. Don't want your secrete spots, just a lake name with a great reputation o trophy fish. Thanks,
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
4/27/16 @ 3:59 PM
thechief
thechief
USER since 5/2/05
1. south trout 2. fence lake 3. lake of the falls 4. big st. germain

it still can be and still is trophy water

Post Your Comment
4/8/16 @ 9:29 AM
fshnuts
fshnuts
USER since 6/12/06
Take a look at the Willow Flowage. It is one of our favorite lakes to fish. 92 miles of shoreline and only one mile developed. This makes for quite a bit of wildlife to be seen. There are good sized walleyes and some musky. The great thing is there is enough structure on it to keep the jet skis, water skiers, tubers, and speed boats off the lake. It is pretty much just fishermen. If you fish it be sure to purchase a lake map as there is a lot of "structure" on it. Take it easy until you become familiar with it.

I also has good sized perch, bluegill, and crappies for variety.

Post Your Comment
3/16/16 @ 5:55 PM
Edward Felcohands
Edward Felcohands
USER since 2/24/09
I am not a trophy hunter but if I was, I would spend my time on Trout Lake. Just don't be lake hopping if you go there, the lake has spiny water fleas and they can be spread easily on anchor lines and such.

Post Your Comment
3/16/16 @ 11:14 AM
Gone 4 Now
Gone 4 Now
USER since 4/26/08
Sweeny Lake is a good choice, Some real monsters in there

Post Your Comment
3/14/16 @ 11:29 AM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
if you are going to invest in an entire week in the area. why not hire a guide for one day?

Post Your Comment
3/12/16 @ 8:13 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
The entire Minocqua chain is currently catch and release only for walleyes. Natural walleye reproduction has been almost non-existant. You don't get many walleyes on Tomahawk. The ones you do can be big, but they are few and far between. So few people release walleyes that few ever have the chance to achieve trophy size. I fish Tomahawk, but I don't fish for walleyes so I don't know what other lakes might fit what you are looking for, but it probably isn't on the Minocqua chain.

Post Your Comment