What is you go to pheasant shotgun?

6/4/15 @ 8:39 AM
ORIGINAL POST
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
Just sold my pheasant gun (O/U) to a person for shooting trap. They were shooting lights out with it and so I gave them a good deal on it as they needed one and they will also use it for pheasants. Now I am in the market for a new one....don't need it but you know. LOL What would you buy if you were looking?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
6/9/15 @ 6:03 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
I am looking at the Red Label. Does it have true ejectors?

Post Your Comment
6/8/15 @ 2:14 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
You mean to tell me thee are other options besides an 870? the dickens you say...........

Grew up hunting with one, used it in college and retired it about 15 years ago. It was Dad's and the stock was cracked, he passed away in '75, so it had a storied career!

Won a replacement in '09 and the first time I put it up, it was like having a beer with a friend I haven't seen in about 10 years! Same fit, same feel.

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 4:13 PM
519vx
519vx
USER since 7/7/05
You don't need different guns to hunt wild birds vs. game farm birds. Just change chokes and shot size. I use a Ruger Red Label O/U with both skeet tubes and #6 for game farms. I go to a skeet and modified tube for wild birds and use #5 shot.

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 12:44 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
Mostly wild but once in a while I do the ditch chicken run.

Thanks

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 11:08 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Game farm birds or wild?

Game farm, I will run my 20 gauge benelli ultralight or O/U skb. For wild birds, and birds are tough to come by, my go to gun is my 12 ga Benelli M1.

Post Your Comment