Public Squirrel hunting near Milwaukee

10/29/16 @ 11:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
I'm a Master Baiter
I'm a Master Baiter
USER since 10/29/16

I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on where to go hunt squirrel within an hour drive of Milwaukee? State parks are confusing because even though it says you can hunt near big Muskego or lake Beulah I don't think discharging a firearm around there is legal. Where is there a definite place I can go shoot a few squirrels or any small game for that matter? I would usually go up north to the private land I use for deer hunting but I haven't had the time this year to make a weekend trip just for some small game.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
1/8/17 @ 1:11 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07

You need landowner permission and a weapons discharge permit at spirit lake. You also need to know where all the houses are around it and where the no hunting zones are. And also not shoot at any of the goose or deer hunters there.

Post Your Comment
12/21/16 @ 6:55 PM
DHaller
DHaller
USER since 12/21/16

I hope your still checking this forum for tips on where to hunt squirrel near milwaukee. I have a spot 25 miles from Milwaukee that is a squirrel haven. It's called spirit lake preserve, near mequon. You have to park on the side of the road and walk in a quarter mile or more. But as you walk in you see 2 treelines of pine on either side of the walkway. These are the sweet spot for squirrels due to the cornfields on either side of the treeline. Hope this gets to you.

Post Your Comment
10/31/16 @ 2:30 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

Pick up a plat book for counties you might be interested in hunting.  These show property boundaries and typically list the parcel size and the owners name.  They also typically show public lands as well. 

Post Your Comment