Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Few more days fellas!!

1/10/19 @ 10:15 AM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

RK

I also have a GPS collar on my dog. A great way to protect my dog. I also have an alarm set when she hits 40 yard, so I can call her in.

1/6/19 @ 8:59 PM
rk_diver
rk_diver
User since 8/18/03

Strange season this year. Different strain of birds (besides being larger with darker/firmer breast meat) which preferred to run and flush ahead of my English Pointer. More fun to have her point the birds, but with her at almost 14 years old all I cared about was watching her work. We were out 31 times this season and she put up 30 birds. With her bad joints I kept her out for between 3 to 4 miles, and then leashed her and went back to the truck for the day. Absolutely love my Garmin GPS tracker for her. Had it for quite a few years now and being able to see exactly where she's at and how far she's gone (as well as my distance) is great. Always fun to download our track data and view it in Google Earth also. With the season over still plan on taking her out for as long as possible, just to let her run and enjoy herself as much as she can! With my shooting really sucking this year (well, most years) I'll definitely get more with the camera then I did with the shotgun!

1/6/19 @ 8:55 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Went out today to Vernon marsh in waukesha county for the last day pups got a bit birdy in a cattail area but nothing got up. Still a great day and nice way to end another season. My first time exploring this property,  its absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for next year.

To the Wisconsin DNR thank you for a wonderful season and a great opportunity to let my dogs chase pheasants. I got to see the light go on on my young lab,  he's a machine now and awful fun to watch he probably wishes his owner was a decent shot but we had fun and flushed alot of birds. 

1/5/19 @ 8:42 PM
Chiro-Chris
Chiro-Chris
PRO MEMBER User since 4/8/13

My girl and I got a rooster today at Killsnake wildlife area in Manitowoc county. Beautiful day to be out. One day left. There are still a few roosters looking for a pot to roost in for Sunday’s supper.

12/28/18 @ 1:05 AM
Fritz
User since 6/27/01

I got out on Wednesday, we got 1 rooster up. Possibly same one as last week. Still have not got a shot at him.

Was hoping it would of cleared up today, but I sat on the couch instead.

Fritz

12/26/18 @ 1:02 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11
Happy Birthday to me. Hunted with Al today and got two presents wrapped in my all-time favorite colors
12/20/18 @ 1:52 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Hunted Eldorado marsh today. 40 and light breeze on Dec. 20th in Wisc. cant get much better for weather. Worked 4 birds, 2 runners that flushed way ahead of us. 2 good points AND retrieves,weak spot. Al is coming along great. Very happy with his progress at 20 months.Surely some birds still out there to work for.

12/20/18 @ 10:30 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Musky Queen check your pm

12/19/18 @ 10:40 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Went to the Sauk rec. area to check out the lay out.  Anyone familiar with the area? We went in at the museum gate and turned around by t to find,out the,rd we were on was not public. Went down 12 And went around the east side no access we could find. Went to DLSP  and gal didn't know anything. Went to Wilderness sport and know one knew anything  about release. I could see the potential. Anyone know about this property that they could share.

12/17/18 @ 9:17 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Got out today for a bit, dogs got birdy twice but nothing did hear a couple cackles the cattails so we'll be back.

12/7/18 @ 10:24 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

took a walk at scup again today.   nothin.  didn't hear a shot.  quite a few road hunters today.  had one truck drive by at least 4 times.  couple others just parked waiting to see if the truck would come.  

12/6/18 @ 11:48 AM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

also I did see them release a couple weeks ago and they basically stopped in the middle of the road and threw birds out.  didnt even drive in the parking lots.

12/6/18 @ 11:47 AM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

I was parked along Hwy N.  I usually park in the road and try both sides of the road.  Pretty hit or miss.  Yesterday got lucky.  Had to walk pretty far out to find them.  

I heard a few shots in the direction of the main parking lot off 59 and to the west of that.  

12/5/18 @ 10:29 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

what part of scup were you at?  I was out today, had more time and walked for a couple hours and the dog never even got birdy.  was very disappointing.   yea, quite a few people out, figured they had released but only heard one set of shots the whole time I was out.    they definitely didn't release west of the junkyard.  would see the tire tracks going back, nothing.  (and no birds).  

hopefully I'll be able to get out Fri for a short walk.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 43 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE