USER since 5/29/06

Would like to open AV forum on the 2018 season 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts
12/7/18 @ 9:24 PM
rpole
rpole
USER since 6/18/01

took a walk at scup again today.   nothin.  didn't hear a shot.  quite a few road hunters today.  had one truck drive by at least 4 times.  couple others just parked waiting to see if the truck would come.  

Post Your Comment
12/6/18 @ 10:48 AM
lilygirl
lilygirl
USER since 6/20/06

also I did see them release a couple weeks ago and they basically stopped in the middle of the road and threw birds out.  didnt even drive in the parking lots.

Post Your Comment
12/6/18 @ 10:47 AM
lilygirl
lilygirl
USER since 6/20/06

I was parked along Hwy N.  I usually park in the road and try both sides of the road.  Pretty hit or miss.  Yesterday got lucky.  Had to walk pretty far out to find them.  

I heard a few shots in the direction of the main parking lot off 59 and to the west of that.  

Post Your Comment
12/5/18 @ 9:29 PM
rpole
rpole
USER since 6/18/01

what part of scup were you at?  I was out today, had more time and walked for a couple hours and the dog never even got birdy.  was very disappointing.   yea, quite a few people out, figured they had released but only heard one set of shots the whole time I was out.    they definitely didn't release west of the junkyard.  would see the tire tracks going back, nothing.  (and no birds).  

hopefully I'll be able to get out Fri for a short walk.

Post Your Comment
12/5/18 @ 7:11 PM
lilygirl
lilygirl
USER since 6/20/06

Actually found a bird at Scuppernong.  Actually two but the second ran and flew and I couldn't get a shot.  Lots of guys out today.  That usually means they threw some birds out.  

Post Your Comment
12/4/18 @ 12:56 PM
rpole
rpole
USER since 6/18/01

519 we need to get out!!!  

hunted bong a couple times this year, still too many people.  the bonus is seeing surfer out there.  

try to get out a couple times a week at scup for short hunts after work.  big time up and down.  if you get lucky and hit it a day they stock there are birds to be found a little easier.  unfortunately they get shot up real quick with plenty of people sitting in the lots waiting.  if they don't stock, some never leave their vehicle.  but there are still some birds to had, especially with the way I've been shooting lately.  with it getting dark so early there's not much time to dig for pushed/missed birds for me but it gets me and the dog out for a bit and we see birds now and then.  a lot of them tough to get shots at as their running and in the thicker stuff/trees.

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 3:21 PM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
USER since 10/5/05

Public Land today......was hoping to run some energy off the dogs......that only lasted 20 minutes!!     

Post Your Comment
11/29/18 @ 9:14 PM
Fritz
Fritz
USER since 6/27/01

I got out several times this week, only for an hour or 2 each time.  Missed one on Tuesday, did not flush any Wednesday but got one today. Another hunter shot at one today in the same area I was in. Not sure if they planted a couple or a couple of birds were left over.

Was fun today in the snow.

Fritz

Post Your Comment
11/21/18 @ 8:57 AM
homewrecker
homewrecker
USER since 8/28/03

Seen lots of rosters while deer hunting the Grand River Marsh.

Post Your Comment
11/20/18 @ 8:31 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Lilygirl check your pm.

Edited on 11/20/18 8:32 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts