Pheasant season 2015

10/14/15 @ 8:23 PM
ORIGINAL POST
musky queen
musky queen
USER since 7/17/03
It's almost here. Please post your stories. Good luck and have fun. Enjoy the gifts of family, friends, furry pet and pheasants.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 80 Posts
1/4/16 @ 12:45 PM
rk_diver
rk_diver
USER since 8/18/03
2015 was a great Pheasant season! Had the dog out 29 times and she put up a total of 66 roosters. This doesn't include ones other people had put up or just flushed by themselves, just birds she pointed or that flushed in front of her when she was on their trail. Longest tail feather was 21". A lot of runners this year. Her best day was pointing 6 birds. Last four times out we never saw a bird but the last time I did see a few tracks in the snow. Lots of fun and good memories!

Post Your Comment
12/31/15 @ 6:29 PM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
Took a long armed walk today.........I'm awful wimpy after not walking through snow all season......Saw nothing

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 5:22 PM
snipe n
snipe n
USER since 9/10/07
Went to Mazo today and also got up a hen which is the first hen in years there. Tried the the thickest of cover and what I found was that is where all the snow was. One tired wet hunter and lab. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 2:33 PM
lilygirl
lilygirl
USER since 6/20/06
I went out yesterday morning to Kettle Moraine and got up one hen, although it ran way ahead and flushed. Will try the last 2 days with snow on the ground. Not sure where but will have to go to the thickest cover I can find with all the snow!!

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 12:00 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
From experience of previous years, Id venture to say there are quite a few birds around yet. What I find is pockets of birds...Just a matter of finding them and "getting through" other areas. When you do it can be a lot of fun. My guess is that the snow - though bad - is not an end all to the season. Yesterday they had all the cover in the world...Usually we see snow like this from the start of December.

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 8:23 AM
common man
common man
USER since 6/17/12
No pheasant tracks as snow began yesterday at Rome pond nor Scuppernong. Anyone still hunting here in the last week? Have all birds been shot on public parcels you think? This deep snow cspells doom for any remaining birds.

Post Your Comment
12/24/15 @ 12:59 PM
griff n
griff n
USER since 6/17/11
Brillon Marsh,Santa's little helper found,pointed and retrieved these presents for me this morning. Best part, wrapped in my all time favorite colors. MERRY X-MAS everyone

Post Your Comment
12/20/15 @ 2:50 PM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
Went 1/2 today...... Final bird the dogs both worked for 10 minutes and many acres before finally flushing a BIG rooster. Love watching them work!!

Post Your Comment
12/12/15 @ 7:42 PM
jackson12
jackson12
USER since 11/27/08
Hunted bong this am and put up 7 hens, got 2. I saw a rooster on the side of the road on my way out, but I'm guessing they stocked mostly hens for their last dump Friday...

Post Your Comment
12/12/15 @ 8:20 AM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
Hunted bong yesterday, put up a double and was done in less than 30 minutes......stopped at a friends farm and put up 5 more walking the field edges.....dogs were birdy the whole time

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 80 Posts