zone 2 spring turkey hunting help

1/5/16 @ 6:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gotacarp
gotacarp
USER since 2/2/10
I am wondering if anyone could help me out with a place to spring turkey hunt with my 2 kids and myself son's first yr.hes 10 and my daughters 2nd yr she's 12! Thanks for looking guys and gals
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
4/5/16 @ 8:03 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Memtored Learn to hunt last weekend.

Post Your Comment
4/5/16 @ 7:29 PM
gobbler
gobbler
MEMBER since 6/30/01
Mentored hunt this last weekend

Post Your Comment
4/5/16 @ 7:26 PM
MBucks80
MBucks80
USER since 7/3/06
Can someone explain to me why I have seen some kids have gotten turkeys last weekend? I thought the youth hunt is april 9-10? I am taking out my 11 yr old nephew for the first time ever this up and coming weekend and hopefully can get him a chance at a bird.. gonna be hunting sheboygan county and have been seeing quite a few birds. Just hope with this weird weather it doesn't mess things up for us

Post Your Comment
3/29/16 @ 5:50 AM
Bridge rat
Bridge rat
USER since 2/17/16
I don't have that user name anymore.... could you resend to this account? thanks

Post Your Comment
3/28/16 @ 8:10 PM
Theinespines Twin
Theinespines Twin
USER since 5/6/10
I sent you a message with some ideas.

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 9:35 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Unfortunately it's for first time turkey hunters only so only your son can participate

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 9:33 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I agree with migr8r, the learn to hunt program is the way to go. I did it last year at the Howard's Grove gun club and I can honestly say it was the best weekend of my life. We were able to call in turkey multiple times but being the newbie I was at the time I just couldn't get a good shot off. I learned A LOT of awesome tips about turkey hunting and the guys who run it are some the nicest people you'll ever meet. It was free and all equipment was provided, they also had access to a lot of private land so if one spot didn't have turkey we'd drive to another. The knowledge I gained was priceless it'll definitely make your kids more effective turkey hunters.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 5:13 PM
gotacarp
gotacarp
USER since 2/2/10
To make it even harder both kids got the same dates to hunt!

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 4:33 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
My suggestion would be to call the DNR and ask them about the "Learn to Hunt" programs. There is a one day class and then basically a guided hunt. I believe for free and no hunter safety is needed. There might be a low age limit but no upper age limit. They have them for deer, turkey and pheasant that I know of, maybe more.

Other than that, get out and do some scouting now while snow is on the ground and well before the season. Knock on doors.

Post Your Comment
1/9/16 @ 4:05 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13
Scarboro Kewaunee county

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts