Poults

6/11/12 @ 5:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02
Saw my first on Saturday, not much bigger than a baseball .
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts
7/26/17 @ 6:13 AM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Saw my first ones today  . Must of hatched in last day or so . Smaller than a robin .

Post Your Comment
11/15/16 @ 3:39 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01

In Shawano County we've got a ton of birds by us.  Seems like about the most I can ever remember having around.  The 2015 spring season was excellent for # of poults per hen.  Seemed like we had great survival year over year.  Had a bit smaller brood sizes this year, but with the larger number of hens around to breed we are loaded with turkeys now. 

Post Your Comment
9/20/16 @ 11:22 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10

There are two hens that come into my yard every other day or so in Marinette County.  A month or so ago there were 10 poults with them, last weekend there were 7 left.  They're about the size of a half grown grouse, what are the odds they will make it through the winter being this smalle this late in the year?

Post Your Comment
8/28/16 @ 2:10 PM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Turkeys everywhere in Vilas county.  Went fishing yesterday and saw 6 groups along the roads between 3 and 15 in each group. They usually are eating grasshoppers in the grass along the roads at this time of year.

Post Your Comment
7/30/16 @ 9:42 AM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

I've been seeing quite a few hens with poults.  Seems like multiple hens have got together with their broods.  Saw 3 hens with over 20 poults 2 days ago in Vilas county.  The poults aren't very big for this time of year.

Post Your Comment
7/3/16 @ 12:21 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Saw our first ones today on t he way to church . Very young , smaller  than a hardball . But it looked like there were eight or so .

Post Your Comment
8/19/14 @ 6:50 PM
fishgodwi
fishgodwi
USER since 7/28/10
Was over n Juneau county by cabin and we had 2flocks by us that were almost full grown with almost full color and almost the size of the hens. Then another little flock that was about the size of a soft ball yet! Super tiny but so addorable!

Post Your Comment
8/18/14 @ 1:39 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Was out checking cameras this past weekend. Saw about 50 turkeys, mostly polts of different sizes. Man - this area had very few turkeys in spring, and they have all seen to appear now.

Post Your Comment
8/10/14 @ 4:06 PM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05
walked up on 5 little ones today. snatched one as it flew past my head. mother stood her ground 5 yards away.

Post Your Comment
9/16/13 @ 1:57 PM
mapper
mapper
USER since 1/4/02
Saw a hen with her brood in southern Dane County last Thursday. The poults were the size of a softball at best. I had to do a double take to make sure of what I was seeing. Doubt they are going to make it through the winter.

Mapper

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts