Mouth calls

2/2/15 @ 7:19 AM
ORIGINAL POST
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
What's everyone favorite kind of mouth call? Mine is the primos hook hunter series. I'm looking to buy some new brands tho and I'm looking into zink calls and wood haven. Any input will help, thanks guys.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
5/6/15 @ 7:23 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
Had the tape coming apart on my Bradley calls and I sent a email to Rick (hoot) Bradley about this. He soon replied back and he is going to replace the calls with bad tape. Honestly can't say enough about this company good calls and good customer service. They will be the only company i buy from for a long time! And from my last post i have all three calls broken in and they make great sound my go to calls. I just had to break them in for a long time but well worth it.

Post Your Comment
4/20/15 @ 8:13 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
I got some new mouth calls from bradley calls for this weekend. I got the raspy pack and the only one that i can get any rasp out of is the Freak baby. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the others, not enough air or something. Here is the url if anyone wants it. http://www.bradleycustomcalls.com/product-category/mouth-calls/

Edited on 4/20/15 8:14 AM
Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 1:51 PM
buckrubtaxidermy
buckrubtaxidermy
USER since 10/19/10
Without a doubt the best call you are going to get is a hand made one from Jeff Fredrick, he is a multi time state turkey caller and I do not believe there are more than a few people better then him in knowledge of the call. Check him out at Champions choice turkey calls-Jeff Fredrick.

Post Your Comment
4/8/15 @ 7:52 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
SJB,

Get a single reed and practice, a lot. The more reeds and more complex designs get more difficult to manipulate with your mouth. You will find that different sizes and shapes of the call itself may be more comfortable for you to control, every person is a little different. I've used and wore out lots of them in the last 20 years. I've been using the HSStrut brand the last few years and like them a lot. Mouth calls are my preferred call when hunting. They sound good every time and leave your hands and eyes free to focus on the approaching bird.

Good Luck!!

Post Your Comment
4/8/15 @ 7:32 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Looking for a little help. Have not been able to get a mouth call to sound worth a darn for me. Anyone have suggestions on where to start?

Post Your Comment
3/30/15 @ 8:25 AM
coyotefever
coyotefever
USER since 2/12/10
Eyeslayer check your messenger

Post Your Comment
3/30/15 @ 8:09 AM
coyotefever
coyotefever
USER since 2/12/10
Eyeslayer I looked into the presses too but also agree they're to expensive! I made my own smaller "press". It's not like the ones the industry uses...those are more arbor press models. I Saw one on a video once and also on YouTube... I'll look it up and get back to you

Post Your Comment
3/30/15 @ 6:53 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
coyote, Around February i was looking into making my own calls and i found out that everything is nice and cheep but the press... I don't want to pay $250 for a press. What kind of press do you have? Any suggestions on a cheaper one?

Post Your Comment
3/29/15 @ 7:24 PM
coyotefever
coyotefever
USER since 2/12/10
In the past I've always loved the old raspy hen from HS... But I got away from buying diaphragm calls now... Instead I make my own and the best part about it is make them for about .75 cents a piece!!!! And they sound awesome!!! In fact playing around behind my house 2 weeks ago I called one in with one of my calls with my 15 month son along!!!! The boys eyes would light up everytime he gobbled!!! Came to within 30 yds until he saw the boy swinging his feet!!! Lol one of the best experiences I've had to date calling in a turkey and I've called in tons!!! Good luck to all!!!

Post Your Comment
3/26/15 @ 8:21 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07
After having used and lost mostly promos calls in the past I bought a cabelas double reed and could not be happier. Very good sound and tone and much cheaper than the high end primos. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts