Fall turkey hunting

11/1/15 @ 6:26 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Anybody out there gonna go out and try to bag a fall bird? My fishing guide season is about wrapped up and I am switching gears. Very excited to go after a fall bird tomorrow and some alone time. It is vacation time for me after a busy fishing season. Haha
Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
1/3/16 @ 2:28 PM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Some of you guys have some late turkey seasons. In PA we have a couple weeks in early November and a couple days around thanksgiving. Everyone who buys a license gets a tag however.

(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
12/28/15 @ 9:41 PM
GUDSUN
GUDSUN
USER since 2/25/02
Saturday my boy and I shot two toms with 11.5" beards and spurs of 1.25 and 1.5". Pretty heavy birds too, nice and fat for winter.

Went out today and my buddy got a tom with a 10" beard and 1" spurs just before the bad snow.

Saw lots of other birds around.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 5:37 PM
castle rock rigger
castle rock rigger
USER since 12/9/12
I could have shot a hen with a beard 2 days ago and yesterday i passed on two young toms/jakes with 5 or 6 inch beards. I'm not sure when a jake becomes a tom. I am able to call in hens but the jakes or toms don't seem to care what noise i invent but it sure is fun spending my retirement days out there trying.

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 6:48 PM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Fall turkey season came to a quick end for me here in PA. I got out of my truck and heard birds going crazy as I was getting dressed. Walked up on a flock about 3 minutes after loading my gun. A nice bird put its head up and instinct took over and I got the bird. Pretty anticlimactic but it tasted good. Not the hunt I was looking for but tag is filled. Can't wait till spring gobbler season...my favorite hunting of all.

(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 5:54 AM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
I don't have a tag but I've been covered up in birds some evenings. The Jakes were gobbling (or at least trying to) the other afternoon.

Post Your Comment