can turkeys see blaze orange

12/11/14 @ 2:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
castle rock rigger
castle rock rigger
USER since 12/9/12
I have read reports that hunters say they don't and some said they do. There are so many gun type deer seasons here so we have to wear blaze orange. Has anyone out there wore orange while turkey hunting, (no blind), and not alarmed the turkeys?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/18/14 @ 5:23 PM
Timmer72
Timmer72
USER since 12/26/06
First turkey I ever saw in the wild was during the 9 day gun season while wearing orange. That bird literally walked right under my tree. Then again I once had a flock approach my stand during the youth hunt weekend. I was wearing a small orange vest and they picked up on it as soon as they stepped in a clearing 40 yards away. Several clucks and they ran in the opposite direction. No movement at all as I was hoping for a shot within bow range.

Post Your Comment
12/12/14 @ 10:26 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
All birds see color, but it's the movement that they pick out more than anything. I have been gun deer hunting, in full blaze orange, and when still, have had turkeys walk by very close. I have also been in full camo and have been busted at almost 100 yards in the early fall woods from the smallest movement...............

Post Your Comment