SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

Best Turkey Hunting States?

6/6/18 @ 10:03 AM
INITIAL POST
TurkeyMan1
User since 6/6/18

I found a pretty interesting blog post that says that WI is the number 1 Turkey hunting state.  Any opinions on this?  I'm kind of surprised myself.

Best Turkey Hunting States For 2018

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/21/18 @ 3:46 PM
CWScoach
User since 6/7/18

Having hunted other states, I would not put Texas on the list.  You have to pay to play there and a lot of high fence.  Missouri was ok but gets a lot of pressure.  Kansas and Nebraska would be my go to's especially if you have a kid under 15.  Both of my boys cut their teeth in Nebraska, shooting 3 birds in a weekend for about $35.  They do not come to calls easy but there are birds everywhere.   Having hunted all over this state, we are lucky with what we got.  There are plenty of birds with huge pockets of numbers.  Drive a mile and there will be just as many hunters and no birds.  Our state hunters are pretty zealous when it comes to wild game.

My dream hunt is Hawaii, go hunt in the morning and on the beach in the afternoon.

8/11/18 @ 5:15 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

I got to know an Associate pastor from our church that came to Wisconsin for two years. He said he sees more turkeys here than he ever did back home in Arkansas. That surprised me . 

6/25/18 @ 9:50 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I wish they would manage the deer like they do turkey.  you have to apply for a tag to shoot a winged rat during a week long period,  yet give out deer tags like halloween candy.  

6/6/18 @ 10:12 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Lots of birds and not an overwhelming number of hunters going after them.  Very cheap non resident licenses and the ability to purchase many over the counter tags (zone 1 tags for 5th & 6th season do not sell out). Pretty generous 6 week season too.  I could see why it was picked as #1.

I wish Wisconsin would take a look at what other states charge non residents.  I'm sick of having to fork out way more to fish/ hunt other states and then people can come to Wisconsin for at least half the price or more. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE