SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2018 spring apps

12/10/17 @ 8:40 PM
INITIAL POST
bdb
User since 5/19/02

I know this is my fault for waiting to long. However when you're trying to apply for your kids permits and the department of no results website crashes and you can't do what you need to is unacceptable!! I called a CSR and they said that they're working on it. WTF!! They've been thru this before and didn't prepare?!?!? I'm frustrated! Again I know I'm partly to blame for waiting but I had to confirm the kids schedules before submitting an application.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 36 posts
1/19/18 @ 3:38 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

zone 6 1st period for me , wife got zone 6 3rd period . Now, just got to get winter behind us !

1/19/18 @ 12:27 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I always draw Zone 3, third week every year. Always my 1st choice.

Tim 

1/15/18 @ 10:23 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I'm not really shocked for zone 3.  I didn't get my first preference either for that zone.  Remember that there have always been tags available over the counter for periods D-F.  Sometimes even for C.  So everyone is now applying for A and B only for the most part.  No point in doing it for the later periods currently.  The only reason I did A and C was because I could not go during B, otherwise I'd have never even put C as an option.  I still regret it.

1/14/18 @ 3:30 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Log into your go wild account. Click on current licenses the first thing listed should be turkey eligable for the season you drew. Also on your home page where it shows your preference points it should say 0 for turkey if you drew.

1/14/18 @ 3:24 PM
alaska123
User since 6/18/05

Where do i look to see if i was drawn for this spring.

1/14/18 @ 12:04 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

The info has been available online since the 29th. 

1/14/18 @ 8:52 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

First I heard of anyone getting the card in the mail.Should be a flood of them this week.

1/12/18 @ 4:29 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03

It's cool, the emoji gave it away ;).  But yeah, I don't get it right now.  But I'll take what I'm given and work it out.  Good luck to you!

1/12/18 @ 1:22 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

lol, it's hard to sense through a screen but i was being sarcastic towards the DNR. At least by us, there are plentiful flocks of birds.. but the permit drawings remain the same. best of luck this year!

1/12/18 @ 12:23 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever

I'm surprised if that is the case.  Although, there was noticeably less turkeys around during bow season and gun season compared to previous years.  But we've had no issues killing birds in my group of four for the past 5 years.  We've shot 13 mature birds in zone three during that course of time, but obviously we're a small percentage of hunters in a large zone.  Oh well, hopefully I'll pull A again next year and my streak of shooting turkeys continues this year.  :D  

Are they still in the process of drawing?  4 of my friends still have no results for their apps in zone 3. 

1/12/18 @ 10:39 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Same here greenheads, i'm sure it's because the shortage of turkey's around....... . At this point nothing surprises me. Oh well, I'll still be looking forward to getting out there 2nd week. 

1/11/18 @ 7:31 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever

This is the first year I haven't pulled my first choice in over 15 years. Did they reduce permits in zone 3? I ended up with period B. 

1/11/18 @ 2:48 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I got 3rd period.  By then they should be stirred up enough from the other guys running around.  Not sure why I put that for my second choice, should have just left it blank and took the point, then bought an over the counter tag.  Oh well, we'll see what happens.

This really should be quick.  Once the deadline hits and they know the number of tags available, it should be automated. 

1/11/18 @ 12:49 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

OT , I live and apply in zone 6 since we've had a season here , I've gotten first or second period hunts several times , lucky me I guess , keep trying .

On another issue, I lived and hunted turkeys in Kentucky which has a general season . Buy a license and go hunting . Maybe not the same population of hunters but, hunting quality was upheld throughout the season there for me . For some zones in Wisconsin it may not work well but, in zone 6 I think it would . Specially when the first hunting period can still have lots of snow and sub freezing temps .

1/11/18 @ 10:22 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

The only preference is if you do not draw a tag the year before. If you put down more choices and get a less desirable tag you just go in the general draw next year.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 36 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE