INITIAL POST
wet-net
User since 1/8/03

Got mine Zone 3 Time A 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
4/7/18 @ 8:51 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

Was surprised, I didn't get drawn for my either of my two choices (A or B) for zone 1. Ended up getting a leftover tag for period c. 

2/9/18 @ 5:51 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

Zone 7, periods B & C

1/24/18 @ 10:11 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

I have Zone 1 Period B, one grandson has the same, other has Zone 1 Period A also gets to Youth Hunt. So has back to back weeks unless he scores during youth hunt. He got nice bird last year during youth hunt.

1/23/18 @ 1:30 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Benuts,  i'd run lead.  I wouldn't use the same goose shells.  I like 4/6 combo.  there is a ton of shells on the market today,  but when i hunted with a gun.  I ran Federal or Rem Nitro turkey. fairly cheap,  4/6 combo.

Another thing if you have the money,  buy a couple brands,  shoot the gun with both.  some shells pattern better than others depending on the gun.  your goose gun is fine.  My kids shot turkey with a 410 and a 20 gauge when they were first starting out.  

Not gospel,  but i would recommend it.

1/20/18 @ 5:55 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Zone 2 period B 1st. Time ever! I hunt zone 2 for over 20 yrs. public land usually the last 2 time periods only missed getting a Tom 2 yrs. They are still there just have to put your time in! Grandad

1/19/18 @ 12:25 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Any time period is good but drawing a permit for Zone 2 early is impressive. The Zone covers 2/3 of the population and most people perceive it impossible to get a bird after the 2nd week.

Tim 

1/18/18 @ 8:11 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I'm out there when the sun comes up,  but if those birds don't come down right on me or near me and walk by....it's bye bye on those birds until later in the day when they are either fed up or done breeding those hens they roosted with.  I know many that set up on them,  as do  I sort of.  it's all big mature oaks so they can be anywhere.  30 years ago I used to "Put them to bed",  but now i just hunt and don't chase my tail.  It doesn't mean as much to me as it did when I was younger.  I set out  two blinds in good travel spots and spots they like to show off...and I sit.  They'll be there at some point.  Only years i've been blanked is super high wind weekends and or rain.  I'll hunt a day,  If one doesn't come through, i'm done if that weather isn't supposed to break.  I'll go shed hunting or something more productive.  Turkey hunting is fun,  but I'm a deer hunter, it's just another thing to kill with the bow prior to bow season.  I enjoy turkey season,  but I don't kill myself to kill a bird....it happens it happens.  Killing them with the bow is a rough time anyway,  you can have one at 20 yards and never have a good shot.  So I expect to go out and not get one,  but just hearing the birds gobble is worth the price of admission

1/17/18 @ 12:10 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Cool thing about turkey is they walk around ALL DAY.  so there is always a chance.  It's not like deer hunting.... i've shot most of my turkey when they are looking for another hen later in the day.  I bet 75% of my birds have been shot between 10-1.

I will buy a tag for a later period.

1/17/18 @ 8:50 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Zone 2, Period D.

Worked out well for me last year.  Not sure if they were still in breeding mode but I found their main roosting area so I don't think that it matters what period I draw.

1/16/18 @ 9:25 PM
the ace
the ace
User since 4/20/14

Zone 2 period C. Periods A and B were my first 2 choices but I'm okay with it after not getting drawn 2 years ago.

1/16/18 @ 4:23 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Zone 3 Time Period A. 

1/16/18 @ 1:58 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I didn't get one....odd cause there are turkey walking around like rats by me.  Late season bow hunting I saw 80 at once and all fall when I see one I see 35.  Oh well

Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE