MORE
Turkey Hunting

2013 Fall Turkey Season Reports

9/18/13 @ 7:17 AM
INITIAL POST
Mik
Mik
User since 3/28/08
I was out yesterday on Public Land....First spot looked a lot different than in Spring so I ended up moving on to the next area...Pulling into the parking lot and 7 hens are 20 feet from my truck picking gravel as I get out of the truck...One was completely WHITE...I've seen "phased" birds before but this one was all white....Pretty cool to see that.... Sat in a familiar spot in a hardwood stand did a few yelps, waited 20 minutes then gave three gobbles....15 minutes after that I spotted movement and spotted the red head at about 80 yards...he was peering around not in any hurry to come in....he made it to about 60 yards and then didn't like somethin and walked off casually...SO CLOSE, yet so far...pumped to get that close to blastin my first Fall bird... As with Spring plenty of birds out in grass fields on private property drivin to hunt on Public Land....I'll get out a few more times if the bird dog will let me :-)
Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts
9/16/14 @ 7:46 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
well any action yet for 2014??? heading out Saturday AM with a buddy it will be his first time turkey huntin, I hope we connect. Smile
12/29/13 @ 4:43 AM
Turkey Dogs
Turkey Dogs
User since 6/26/04
Good job Toothy! We went out yesterday for the last hunt of the year, 8 hunters got 8 birds.
2013 Fall Turkey Season Reports photo by Turkey Dogs
12/27/13 @ 11:48 AM
toothycritter
toothycritter
User since 7/9/01
Photo of bearded hen
12/27/13 @ 11:26 AM
toothycritter
toothycritter
User since 7/9/01
I shot a hen with 7inch beard this a.m.I wanted to shoot one with the bow but they were all behind me last day to hunt for me took shotgun with shot it with that.Toothy
12/27/13 @ 8:54 AM
Turkey Dogs
Turkey Dogs
User since 6/26/04
Congratulations Saroon and Machickanee fisher, way to go! They'll taste a lot better than a spring bird. If I was going to do a full body mount, it'd be a fall or winter bird that has all his feathers, because they molted earlier in the year, and none of them are broke or missing from fighting or strutting, or short from molting. Jzzz must still be sleeping...
12/26/13 @ 7:26 AM
Machickanee fisher
Machickanee fisher
User since 1/5/03
Shot a Tom on Monday in Zone 5. 8" beard and 1/2" spurs.
12/24/13 @ 5:30 PM
Saroon
User since 11/14/10
Waushara county.....yesterday morning. Birds were huddled in the pines where the snow wasn't as deep. My first in the fall.
12/23/13 @ 5:27 PM
Turkey Dogs
Turkey Dogs
User since 6/26/04
Send an email with your name and phone# to [email protected]
12/23/13 @ 9:44 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
i gata tag yet
12/22/13 @ 11:53 AM
Turkey Dogs
Turkey Dogs
User since 6/26/04
There's a lot of birds out there. We got these yesterday. If anyone has a Zone 2 permit left, we'll do a few more hunts, if you'd like to join us.
2013 Fall Turkey Season Reports photo by Turkey Dogs
12/5/13 @ 9:44 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
anyone chasin turks yet?,,, still have a zone 2 tag to fill hoping to get out someplace this weekend,, havent seen many turkey out by me though.
10/27/13 @ 4:21 PM
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Just got back not too long ago!! Well, here's the post..... We hunted all of Saturday and Sunday morning. I was in a deer stand on Saturday looking out into a field and woods and my other two friends were in some turkey blinds not too far from me. We were able to hunt the edge of a cornfield that had not been harvested yet. We did not see one single, solitary turkey!!! Dull Dull Dull We did hear some though. Heard some hens chirping in the distance. I did a drive both Saturday and Sunday and I heard more that were deeper into the woods and saw tracks and sign, but they were nowhere to be found!! There were quite a few deer moving around this weekend. This morning, while I was hiding behind a wood pile, I saw a nice six point buck come within ten yards of my position!! That was neat!!! Wish I had an archery tag!! Other than that, that was pretty much the weekend!! I saw some nice coyote tracks and heard them this morning when we first got out. I also saw some black squirrels too!! Those are always fun to see!! There were some others out shooting this weekend. Some shots seemed like they were very close. Probably waterfowl hunters. We packed it up this morning and headed for home!! My friend really liked his first turkey hunting trip!! He said he really enjoyed it and would like to come back for spring. I warned him though....once you start turkey hunting, you will get addicted!!! Take Care all and stay safe out there!! Catch you in the woods!! Steve Timm
10/25/13 @ 6:22 PM
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Just a shoutout to Jzzzzz..... I have found slight calling can work in the morning and the evening in the fall. I typically don't call too much though in the fall. I usually use some yelps of a hen on a box or a slate call.... Hope this info helps!! Steve Timm
10/25/13 @ 6:20 PM
Steve Timm
Steve Timm
User since 2/8/06
Greetings fellow turkey hunters!! Well, going to give it another go up towards the Portage area tomorrow!! Going up tonight and staying the weekend. We will see with the cooler weather if they are out in our area. We will be hunting Zone 3. I am going to bring a new turkey hunter out in the woods this fall!! I am anxious to see what he thinks!! It is always fun to pass on the joy of hunting!! Will get a post up on Sunday in the later afternoon or early evening!! Take Care all!! Steve Timm
10/14/13 @ 5:09 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
aside from being were turkeys are,,,,will early morning or evening calling work blindly with out busting up a flock etc...? any input is much appreciated
Displaying 1 to 15 of 26 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE