Trout stream pictures

9/12/18 @ 10:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07

Anybody care to post some pics of some stream trout so I have an idea of what I'm gunning for? Nature shots are welcome as well. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
10/1/18 @ 5:36 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06

I'll be heading back to my native Central PA around Thanksgiving. I will undoubtedly visit a favorite trout stream up in the Appalachian Mountains my brother and I grew up fishing. The sense of peace I experience when I'm there cannot be put into words. That time of year I will not see another soul. Wild brookies and browns, with a few stray rainbows that run up the creek from a stocked glacier lake downstream. Up there it's ferns and pines and wild leeks everywhere with Mountain Laurel growing at streamside. It combines to create a smell that is beyond description. I'll post pics if I remember when I get back.

Post Your Comment
9/22/18 @ 12:03 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06

As the saying goes,"Trout don't live in ugly places!".....

Post Your Comment
9/20/18 @ 7:05 PM
Chemist
Chemist
USER since 6/17/01

Best therapy in the world. So glad I rediscovered this.

Post Your Comment
9/20/18 @ 6:37 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

Never fished for inland trout until I leased some land for deer hunting in the driftless area. Even then I did not fish for trout until a buddy came down to help with food plots. After we finished the plots he decided to fish (he is an avid trout fisherman) and he caught 3 fish in his first 10 casts.

I took up trout fishing after that and have been hooked since then. One of my favorite outdoor pursuits now..Love the sound of rushing water while I stalk fish and enjoy the surrounding bluffs..   

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 7:35 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Good idea hockeyguy. Kewaunee (salmon), Oconto, and a Door County stream.

Post Your Comment
9/12/18 @ 11:06 AM
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07

I'm beginning to get why people like this so much. I can't imagine a more serene setting to just relax in silence. While I was there a group of guys down the road had some music playing I could faintly make out, but I'm sure next time when I really work my way back that I will have complete silence. 

Post Your Comment