SEARCH
MORE
Trout Fishing

Making your own spinners

8/7/17 @ 9:24 AM
INITIAL POST
Animated1
User since 1/20/09

I recently thought about making my own trout spinners, has anyone done this? If so, what are some good sites to purchase supplies and learn how?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
8/12/17 @ 6:25 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Netcraft is out of Toledo area and has a big spinner maker in the pic but the small metal Worth brand on top to the right is all you need for trout. You can get  wire, spinner bodies, blades, and a wire jig at Fleet Farm. I've made a ton of spinners and the first tip is to start with size #2 french blades or larger. Smaller ones are harder but not impossible to get right. In the three spinner pic, the left one is an inline spinner blade that is easier to slow roll thru the deeper parts of a stream. My other tip is to use a tin snips instead of a wire nipper to cut the wire. The pliers leaves a very sharp edge to the wire but a shears will not.

8/8/17 @ 6:55 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

Reinke  Brothers in Milwaukee would be the first place to go. Bob will set you up with everything you will need. Janns Netcraft would  be the second place to go. 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE